One Jar for the Grandkids, One for Cooking

I was reading the tip of the day (6-25-2007) and read about cutting up olives in the bigger cans. My grandkids love green pimento stuffed olives in the jar. And they will eat them all up if they can. So I buy 2 jars, one is for them and in order to keep the other jar I take the olives out and cut them up into pieces or halves to use in my tuna salad or whatever else I need them for. And just put them back into the jar or a air tight container! They won't mess with the cut up olives. I enjoy reading the tips and have gotten some good info from them. :)

Good idea! When I can get them, I prefer olives to pickles, although both are too high in salt for elders.

I hate to even think about eating them after tiny fingers have been in the jar when I wasn't looking, so I haven't had any in a long time. Now I could only buy small canned chopped black olives, especially since we have milk/milk-byproducts sensitivity and

cannot use them on pizzas which I don't buy/make anymore! We really miss olives! : (

My little grandson loves green olives so much, that is his "potty" treat!! He does really well, now, but when he would have an "accident" he would hang his little head and drop his shoulders and very disappointedly say..."no olisss."

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJune 27, 2007
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Cooking With Coconut Oil
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
beaded lid
Crafts Using Jar Lids