Use Dry Erase Pen To Mark Leftovers

When I put leftovers in Tupperware containers, I use a wet erase marker to write the contents and date on the lid of the container. It stays on there until I wash the container, then it comes right off. I used to use Ziploc bags for leftovers so that I could write on the bags but this is cheaper and easier.

By Amanda from Horsham, PA

Great idea, never knew you could do this.

December 27, 2010 Flag

When saving food in the refrigerator, write the date on the container with a dry erase marker. I have especially used this a lot with my breast milk. After I pump, I store the milk in a bottle for the babysitter. I use a dry erase marker to note the date so that I do not keep any that could be too old. Some one suggested writing it on tape, but the tape does not stick if there is moisture on the bottle or container. A dry erase marker is easy to use and easy to clean off.

By T-Woody from Bridgeport, TX

May 6, 2010 Flag

To find leftovers easy, mark the plastic food containers with a dry-erase pen. The pen will wash off easily.

By Joy from Dayton, Ohio

Use Dry Erase Pen To Mark Leftovers

Joy, thank you for that. Sometimes things are just so simple you wonder why we don't all think of them. Your idea is certainly a step ahead of my masking tape and a sharpie method! (10/10/2008)

By Beth

Use Dry Erase Pen To Mark Leftovers

I have used a dry erase marker on plastic wrap for freezing items, only to have the ink come off in the freezer, left me with wondering what was inside the dish. I'm going back to my Sharpie marker. (10/11/2008)

By badwater

Refrigerator With Leftovers in Tupperware
Organizing Leftovers
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversDecember 27, 2010
Dry Erase Markers
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Couch
Dry Erase Markers
Reviving Dry Erase Markers
birthday countdown tile
Making a Dry Erase Count Down Tile
Dry Erase Board
Reconditioning a Dry Erase Board