Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Paint Color Ideas for Blue and Black Kitchen

I am trying to figure out what color to paint kitchen walls. I have oak cabinets with dark blue and black/gray counter tops, beadboard paneling on lower half of walls, and black and stainless appliances. Any ideas?

By Carolyn from Richmond, MI

If it were me I would choose either the blue or grey from the counters as a reference but have the lightest shade made of either one. With all the dark finishes going on this would help lighten things up but still coordinate very nicely. Good luck!

I would choose the lightest color in the countertop to compliment the rest of the room's color decor or lighten one of the darker colors with more white paint to merge with everything.

What are your floors? that can factor in too! I had light oak cabinets with same type of countertops, and a creamy yellow, like a light kind you'd want to eat, looked perfect with it! sorry I don't remember the name of the color! Really, it depends on your style too! Good luck!

I would like to have help in color choices for my kitchen. I have all white cabinets, black granite countertops, and medium blue walls. I tried a yellow, desert tan this morning, but I don't like it. The cabinets are too white now. I just don't know what color would look good with my blue walls and black. Nothing seems to work.

By Connie from Ruston, LA

Answers:

What about sponge painting the blue over the yellow? Since, from the picture, it seems to be an accent wall, what about a shade of red or terra cotta? (02/16/2010)

By Omanana

Do you have to leave the walls blue? If not, maybe you could match the floor. An off white pastel terra cotta wall color would be nice if it didn't end up with too much orange. (02/19/2010)

By Stngray

How about a very light, soft shade of blue. It would lighten the space and compliment the other two colors. (02/20/2010)

By PainterLee

I would try a leafy green. (02/20/2010)

By Anonymous

I would paint the walls gray to balance out the black and white, keep it in same family. I have white panels on the lower half of my walls. I plan to paint the upper half gray, such an elegant look. Good luck. (02/20/2010)

By minymont