Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue Furniture

Choosing just the right paint color to complement your blue furniture can make the entire room pop. This is a guide about paint color to coordinate with blue furniture.

I bought a new couch, dark blue/grays with specks weaved in of terra cotta color. The room has a white fireplace with white marble hearth. I need suggestions for wall colors. All woodwork and doors in the room are white also.

I am not looking for modern. I want the room to be comfy, relaxing and feel like home. Also, I need some advice on window curtain colors. It's driving my husband crazy, I can't decide on colors. Thanks.

Donna from Fall River, MA

Answers

Best Answer

Well, if you like the terra cotta color, you might want to accentuate that. Maybe you could put up matching curtains.
My husband is a painter, and lately, he's been doing nothing but faux painting in very nice homes. The benefit of that is that you can match two or more colors, and if you used either the dark blue or grey as a base color, then went over it with the terra cotta, you'd get a very warm color. There are several websites to show you easy ways to faux paint using sponges or rags (my husband uses thin wadded up plastic). I think I'd go with the lightest color as a base, then over it with either the dark blue or terra cotta. Be sure you try this out on a scrap piece of drywall first, to get both your technique down and also to make sure you will like it.

Best Answer

I was thinking of either going with chocolate furniture or furniture in the gold category, with accents of some red scattered about the room, any suggestions? Thank you

A nice neutral sand color would work with your color scheme and keep the room light and airy, but warm and earthy at the same time, I think.

I love a Lowe's paint color called Soft Camel. It may be in the Waverly section. I also really like a Sherwin Williams color called Universal Khaki - but I think the camel will bring out the warm tones in the terra cotta.