Ideas for Making a Fairy House From a Doll House

I bought this doll house at a yard sale, does anyone know how I can turn it into a Fairy House? Please help?

By Jacquelyne

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Think woodland. I would use a lot of things from nature. Use a good bonding glue that works well on plastic and wood. You can cover the entire house in twigs and moss. How a bout a path coming out from the front? Use a heavy cardboard base and cover it with little rocks or pebbles.Do the same on the porch floor. Maybe a small wedge of thicker branch for a table or seat? I don't know if it opens but I think the idea is to make the plastic vanish and get it more "earthy" looking. Nature stuff is free so you are a step ahead there. Just an idea.

Personally, when I think of "fairy" I think of sparkle and pastel colours. Why not try using a suitable glue on the roof and dusting it with glitter. For the verandah pillars you could use sparkly pipe cleaners and glue the ends. Fine gauze in the windows for curtains - you get the idea. Ask the little girl in mind for her ideas.

To Maryeruth,

You are so right. fairy houses are better made to look natural. Use a good glue to hold pebbles, twigs and moss to the house and there are instructions online to make fairy twig furniture and lots of other things for fairies. A good place to get inspired and to learn just what fairies like. ;)

Have fun with this one. get insired by looking at different sites.

Marie

Fairy Craft
Fairy Craft Ideas
Crafts MiscellaneousMay 23, 2011
Girl Going to Fairy Tea
Hosting a Fairy Tea
Little Girl Dressed in Fairy Costume
Making a Fairy Costume
Girl Holding her Lost Tooth
Tooth Fairy Ideas
young girl dressed as tooth fairy
Making a Tooth Fairy Costume
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:20:04 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.