Fairy Craft Ideas

Fairy Craft
Fairies are enchanting and magical. This guide contains ideas for making fairy crafts.

My hobby is making cute decorative fairy doors. Lots of shops have bargain bins and I use them a lot and a bit of imagination.

I started making these as a hobby with my granddaughter. They are basically MDF cutouts from the internet. I purchase the acrylic paint in tubes and when I see it at a good price, 95p is the norm. Most of the embellishments are from craft shops, eBay, etc. Then we let and our imagination run wild.

I bought this doll house at a yard sale, does anyone know how I can turn it into a Fairy House? Please help?

By Jacquelyne

Think woodland. I would use a lot of things from nature. Use a good bonding glue that works well on plastic and wood. You can cover the entire house in twigs and moss. How a bout a path coming out from the front? Use a heavy cardboard base and cover it with little rocks or pebbles.Do the same on the porch floor. Maybe a small wedge of thicker branch for a table or seat? I don't know if it opens but I think the idea is to make the plastic vanish and get it more "earthy" looking. Nature stuff is free so you are a step ahead there. Just an idea.

Personally, when I think of "fairy" I think of sparkle and pastel colours. Why not try using a suitable glue on the roof and dusting it with glitter. For the verandah pillars you could use sparkly pipe cleaners and glue the ends. Fine gauze in the windows for curtains - you get the idea. Ask the little girl in mind for her ideas.

To Maryeruth,

You are so right. fairy houses are better made to look natural. Use a good glue to hold pebbles, twigs and moss to the house and there are instructions online to make fairy twig furniture and lots of other things for fairies. A good place to get inspired and to learn just what fairies like. ;)

Have fun with this one. get insired by looking at different sites.

Marie