Food Sticking to a Teflon Grill

I've got one of the small (one patty) grills. I've had it over a year and like to use it. I never had a problem with sticking in the past. But now burgers, veggie patties, and wieners are sticking to the Teflon. Any suggestions?

Sorry you are having this problem. Put some oil on a paper towel or brush on some oil on the teflon of the grill before cooking.

Merry Christmas!

I have the same problem. I love the grill because I am alone but I have noticed too that things stick now. I usually spray it first but still have a problem getting it clean. One thing I do to clean it is plug it in for a bit and fold several wet paper towels on it and steam for a little bit. Seems to help loosen things up some. I think over time the Teflon wears so I might have to get a new one soon.

The reason food is sticking is because you have been using a 'non-stick spray'. This causes a build-up that is all but impossible to remove. The next time you get a grill, brush it with Olive oil before each use. It will last for years.

Linda :o)

First of all, it is a complete myth that teflon -- actually, the manufacture of teflon has been illegal for years because every living thing on the planet has teflon in its body -- or whatever non-stick material you have can be used without some sort of grease. A little olive oil on the pan will help.

Second, did you wash the pan in the dishwasher? That is a dangerous no no. Non-stick pans should be hand washed.

Third, I strongly urge you to abandon the use of non-stick pans. No matter how careful you are with them, they are a health hazard. Developing good cooking habits should make those evil things unnecessary. If you feel you can not live without a non-stick surface, teach yourself to use cast iron pans.

Try cleaning the pan with Barkeeper's Friend or Bon Ami cleaner and rinse very well.

A pot with food stuck to the lid.
Preventing Food from Sticking
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsDecember 17, 2008
A chunk of stuck together ice cubes.
Keeping Ice Cubes from Sticking
Cover for an Outdoor Grill
Making a Cover for an Outdoor Grill
Teflon Pan
Cooking With Teflon Cookware
Egg frying in Teflon pan on gas stove.
Cleaning Teflon