Homemade Frozen Hash Browns

What is the trick to freezing your own hashbrowns?

By Sandra from Sinai, SD

I tried just one time years ago to simply peel raw, shred and freeze and they were awful when I went to fry them ;-) What has worked best for me since them is to peel, boil until almost tender, room temp cool, shred and then freeze :-)

I shred my potatoes and put them in salted cold water, then I blanch them for about a minute in boiling water, drain and freeze.

Freeze Your Own Hash Browns, French Fries Or Potato Wedges

First scrub your potatoes cut your raw potato in desired shapes skin on skin off doesn't matter cubes for Hash Browns strips for French fries in wedges for wedges potato. You need to blanch potato no matter how you cut them so bring a large pot of water to a full boil blanch for 3 minutes and plunge into ice water cool completely, remove from water and pat thoroughly dry than place the potatoes in a plastic bag. Add just enough oil to coat the potatoes lightly by tossing around in the bag. Then spread out a single layer on a cookie sheet and freeze after frozen put them in a bag and they're ready to be prepared as you would fresh.

Diced potato home fries.
Freezing Hash Browns
Food and Recipes Freezing Freezer MealsAugust 17, 2010
Hash Brown Strata
Hash Brown Potato Casserole Recipes
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
Corned Beef Hash
Hash Recipes
Photo of eggs, toast and hash browns.
Hash Browns Recipes
🎉
🎄