More Absorbent Towels

I was surprised by the absorbency of the towels at the salon I go to, and did a little investigating. The staff does not use any softener in the washer, and NO dryer sheets, yet the towels are soft and so absorbent. They have a water softener. But I had to do some experimenting, because I wasn't happy with my towels, and I learned something. I washed a bunch of towels in just about 1 tablespoon of Oxy powder (my favorite) and then only 1/2 the amount of liquid softener that I usually use (even in hard well water). Then dried them without a softener sheet. TA DA! Soft AND really absorbent towels! And I save money.

By Kathy from Manitowoc, WI

I refuse to use dryer sheets and liquid softener is overused. I pour about 1/4 cup of softener in a spray container then fill with water. I then spray an old washcloth a few times and throw in the dryer. Plenty of softener and i only re-spray after about five or more dryer loads!

Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryApril 10, 2008
Dyeing Bath Towels
Dyeing Bath Towels
Reusable Absorbent Towels
Make Reusable Absorbent Towels
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of Colorful Towels
Craft Uses for Towels