Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

Category Dances
a girl in a formal dress
Planning how to ask a boy to a Sadie Hawkins dance can be a lot of fun. This is a guide about asking someone to Sadie Hawkins.

What's a cute way to ask the guy I like to Sadies?

By Jocelyn from Las Vegas, NV

Best Answer

For the girl who wants to ask her soccer player boyfriend- you could say wrap up a little soccer ball or soccer toy/ merchandise and say "will you KICK it with me at sadies?" or you could show a french horn with music notes and say "we'll have a BLAST if you go to sadies with me". Some other phrases you could use- "we'll have a BALL", "don't PASS on this opportunity to have fun"... just play around with different soccer/music words.

There is no "cute" way, just ask him. If you come straight out and ask him there will be no room for doubt, decision is first reaction and the hard part is over quick and easy.

If you want to ask somebody to any event, just ask them. There is no need to have a cute way to do it. Be mature and just ask.

What I did to ask my boyfriend to Sadie's is I had the officer that works at my school, arrest him for fake during 3rd period, but make it seem real. She put handcuffs on him and put him in the back of the car, but when she had him in the car there was a small sign and a rose that said Sadies? He didn't except it because he was too scared, but he loved the idea because it was in a way that wasn't so obvious, and of course he said Yes!

I was thinking of having my friends wear a shirt and on each shirt it spells out Sadies and I will have a shirt with a question mark on it.

So coed is on the 20th and I wanna ask this guy that I really like. I've already asked him through text, but I wanna ask him in a better way. I can't come up with anything good. Please help.

By Erika from Pocatello, ID

Best Answer

I have a really cute idea, its plain and simple. If your in a ceramics class at school, or if you have a friend who is make a little red heart in ceramics and carve out "sadie's?" or "tolo?" or whatever you call your dance, then when its finished go up to who you would like to ask really casually and be like "hey! look at this thing I made in ceramics!" and he probably will be surprised because you said casually so he wasnt expecting that. I decided I'm going to do that for tolo :) I can't wait!

The best way to ask him is to just ask him. Approach him and say. "Hi. I sent you a text about going to the dance but I really want to know how you feel about it. Will you take me or not?" Something to that effect.

An ill of our society is using technology for the short cuts and wanting proper responses from others. The text is like note passing, from one person to another. Who is to say it is on the up and up when the one asking doesn't ask in person. At the very least, a cute idea of a card mailed, if you are not in daily/weekly contact with this person. This is an invitation! Manners never goes out of style. A written invitation would verify you truly wanted a response, this was not a joke, and you were waiting for the R.S.V.P. (also proper to expect it).

I'm actually asking a guy to morp (prom backwards. xD) tomorrow. We both have a song that we love (umbrella/singing in the rain - glee). So, I made a tiny umbrella that says 'will you go to the dance with me?' and have it placed by his favorite cookies. c:

AJ, thanks for the goldfish idea. My boyfriend is a sucker for sweet things like that. Im asking him to my senior Homecoming this weekend.

Thanks girl!

-Dana-

How do I ask a guy to the Sadie Hawkins dance as just friends, without it being weird?

By b.f.

Best Answer

If this is a guy you know fairly well and are friends, just ask him, no matter who he is it is best to just ask. All he can do is say "no."

I want to ask my boyfriend to Sadies, in a cute way. I want to ask him at his soccer game, but I can't think of anything exotic to do for him. I already know he will say yes, but I still want to ask him. Help!

By Kitty kat

Have you stopped to think if you ask him in public he might be embarrassed? Just ask him in private, like somebody approaching being an adult would do.

Make a sign that says "I can't believe I had the balls to ask you to the dance!" and put it on his locker, and inside his locker put a bunch of baseballs :)

I want to ask this guy who does boxing to Sadies in a few weeks, but I'm not sure what to put on the poster. Any ideas?

My boyfriend is a football player and I don't know how to ask him at all. So can someone please help me. He also plays baseball, but for now it's football and I need some really nice ideas :)

My boyfriend loves Superman and I want to ask him to Sadie's and have it be something to do with Superman, but I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

By Eliz

The guy I asked last year was really into superman too! (unfortunately someone asked him the day before me, but regardless my way was super cute!) I absolutely love cards! And the guy I asked was really nerdy and kind of funny about art stuff, like he wasn't an art nerd but he liked art like his favorite part of the school year was getting to buy new crayons so doing a cool kindergarten art project card was perfect for him.

I took some nice paper and made a card and put the superman logo on the cover in crayon with glitter glue outlining it (like i said, kindergarten art project!). and on the inside (the best part) it said "I know we haven't talked much but will you be my superman and go to sadies with me?" but since yours is your boyfriend you could say something like "You've been my superman for a while now. I need some saving right now! Save me from what would be a boring night without you and be my sadies date!" or something like that

What's a good way to ask my hockey player bf to Sadies?

By Bao

If he is your steady boyfriend, does he even have to be asked? When I was in school if people were boyfriend/girlfriend, it was taken for granted that you would attend special events together. Nobody had to be asked. But if you have to ask him, why not just ask, you don't need a cutesy way to do it. Cutesy is so Kindergarten-like.

Umm I have a steady bf for 11 months today and I am still looking for a cute way to ask him to a dance at my school. We go to different schools so I am inviting him to the dance and sorry I don't have any ideas of my own but I just wanted to say I think it will be really adorable and not kindergardenish at all. It will be super cute and he will love it no matter how you ask! Good luck!

What would be a cute way to ask a guy to a sadies? He plays baseball and he's on the school team but we go to different schools.

By Maya

Forget the cute; just ask him. I presume you guys know each other. Also make sure students from other schools can attend this dance. A lot of schools don't allow students from other schools at their dances. I don't know why everybody now thinks things have to be done in a cutesy way.

I need really good ideas for asking my friend to Sadies.

By Jazmynee from CA

Just out right ask him. You don't need a clever, cutesy way of doing it.

:"Will you go to the Sadie Hawkin's dance with me?"

"I'd like to take you to the Sadie Hawkins dance"

There's a new guy at my school and I'm the first friend he's made. I really want to ask him to Sadie's, but I'm nervous and can't find a creative way to ask him that suits him. He's into music and skating. Can anyone help?

By CC Marie

I want to ask the guy I like to the Sadie Hawkins dance, but I don't know how to. He really likes camouflage and is going to join the military. What should I do?

By Dakota W. from Waterford, CA

Well there is this guy I have a huge crush on and he is a wrestler. Sadies is coming up and I want to ask him, but I want it to be related to wrestling. Not something to over the top, but enough to get him surprised and no I do not want to tackle or pin him lol.

By Lindsay

The Sadie Hawkins (girls ask the guys), dance is coming up soon and there is this guy in my class I really like. He just made the soccer team and he likes riding motorcycles. I really want him to say yes. How should I ask him?

By M

I'm asking this guy to Sadie's and I want to ask him a cute way that involves football because he's on the team.

By Bob

I would get a tiny football, like a kid's size, and write "would you go to Sadie's with me?" on it with a sharpie marker. It will be a cute souvenir for him too!

How do I ask him to Sadies? He plays baseball and loves Oreos. I want to do it in a funny, but cute, way.

By Lucy

One guy asked me by getting a box of Oreos and wrote "I'd be 'filled' with joy if you went to the dance with me" and then another not that said "search your fillings" he wrote the letters of his name in the Oreos frosting but I would recommend just putting a piece of paper in the middle cause it was hard to make out the letters

I want to ask the guy I like to Sadies, but I want to make a cute poster because in each of his classes I'm gonna leave baseballs that spell out Sadies. After school I want to have a cute poster that says something, any ideas?

By Jasmine

It could say "It would be a hit/grandslam/homerun if you went to sadie's with me."

How do you ask a guy to sadies? I am not looking for something too big, but something cute and something not a a lot of girls do. He is on the baseball team at school. Please help.

By jvt

Well, I dont personally know how much it would cost, but Buy Baseballs (real or toy ones) and write a letter for the dance on each of them and have them at his locker or house if you live near by. It's a cute idea I guess.

I want to ask this guy to Sadies, but hes shy and doesn't talk much so it's hard to make conversation. I need an easy way (something I can bring to school) that isn't too big, but just enough to make him smile :) What should I do?

By Melissa O

Find out what he is interested in. It is a great ice breaker, if you know what he likes; music, sports, fishing. LOL Good luck!

What's a creative cute way to ask a guy to Sadie Hawkins?

By Sabrina

Why do you need a creative, cute way to ask a guy to anything? Especially for Sadie Hawkins Day, everybody knows that is special for girls to ask guys. However, in this day and age, it is entirely proper for girls to ask guys for dates. Just ask!

I want to ask my boyfriend to sadies in a cute way, it's already a for sure yes, but I still want him to feel special. He is also a baseball player. Any ideas?

By Alyssa

Write "will you come to Sadie Hawkins with me" on a baseball and ask to play catch with him!

I really want to ask this guy to a dance kind of like a Sadies, and he is a soccer player and a swimmer. Any cute ideas how I can work his sport (s) into how I ask him?

By :)

You could write a cute little message on a soccer ball. in each lil octagon shape you could put a word or a message. Perhaps, "will you go to the dance with me" then you could either kick the ball over to his way, and he will pick it up and see the message, or just hand him the ball? Either way I think that would be a cool way to ask him out! Good luck and have fun!

We're having a Sadie Hawkins dance and my boyfriend is a drum player in a band. I don't know a creative, cute way to ask him. Any ideas?

By paulsen from Pleasanton, NE

Get a drumstick and write your invitation on it and tie a bow on it in his favorite color. Use a thin permanant marker.

The guy I'm asking to Sadies is on the varsity swim team. I need an idea how to ask him.

Erin

Approach him when he is NOT with his friends, smile and say "Hi. Will you go to the Sadies with me?"

Guys hate "cutsie-pooh" things, and can easily be embarrassed in front of their friends. Your best bet is to be simple and direct.

So I wanna ask my boyfriend to the Sadie Hawkins dance. He's an amazing soccer player and plays the French horn in band. Does anyone have any ideas on how to ask!? I'm desperate and I need help soon, please.

By Hannah

Answers:

Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

Just come right out and ask him. :) (10/18/2010)

By Ilove2sew932

Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

Just ask him if he has been asked to the Sadie Hawkins dance yet; if he says yes, say oh rats! I was hoping to go with you! If he says no, say well now you have! And I am hoping that we will have a blast!
(10/19/2010)

By MzScarlett

Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

If you have a chance to get to his horn case alone, leave a note in the case. (10/20/2010)

By pjcustar

Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

Here's a fun suggestion: Get a box of chocolate candies or some flowers or even a single flower, when you are alone together, get down on one knee in front of him and ask "Will you go to the dance with me?"
Another suggestion: Think of how you would want to be asked, then ask him the same way.
Good luck. (10/23/2010)

By tanyamichalski

I need ideas on how to ask my boyfriend to Sadies. Does anyone have any ideas?

By Rachell from Los Gatos, CA

Answers:

Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

Deliver the handwritten invitation with a box of favorite candies, a single daisy flower, etc.
Sadie Hawkins in a cross between country and hillbilly traditions. Give him a straw hat. (03/02/2010)

By T&T Grandma

I am planning on asking one of my friends for 4 years now to Sadies. I need to do it either tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. He and I share interest in dance, but I don't know what I could do with that. He gets a Yoohoo everyday which is a chocolate milk drink. I need help on how to ask him to Sadies with using stuff like that. I'm trying to keep it original.

By Stephy from Las Vegas

Answers:

Asking a Boy to a Sadie Hawkins Dance

Why not just ask him. If you know him really well, you shouldn't need a special way to do it. Just say something like "Are you going to the dance?". And if he says "no" say "why don't we go together and hang out". (02/03/2010)

By redhatterb

Asking a Boy to a Sadie Hawkins Dance

How about giving him a card with a handwritten poem? Something like:

Yoohoo drink is your favorite
I know how you do savor it.
Could it be there's a chance
You also like to dance?

I hope that fact could be true
Since I'd like to ask if you,
Would like everyone to see
To the Sadie dance you came with me. (02/08/2010)

By grandma2speedy

I want to ask this boy to Sadie Hawkins. We've known each other for about three months. I want to ask him in a cute, but clever type of way. Help.

By Teresa from Beaverton, OR

Answers:

Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

What I did was, I have doodle buddy on my phone, and I saved an image saying "Sadies with Me?" And I set it as my wallpaper on my phone, then I asked the boy I wanted to take if he will switch phones with me. After that he saw my wallpaper and and got really happy. He said yes, of course. (01/31/2010)

By Carito

Load More