Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

Planning how to ask a boy to a Sadie Hawkins dance can be a lot of fun. This is a guide about asking someone to Sadie Hawkins.

a girl in a formal dress
Filter Sort

Question: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

By Jocelyn 1

What's a cute way to ask the guy I like to Sadies?

By Jocelyn from Las Vegas, NV

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By julieannquemada 1 Flag

I was thinking of having my friends wear a shirt and on each shirt it spells out Sadies and I will have a shirt with a question mark on it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking My Boyfriend to Sadies

I want to ask my boyfriend to Sadies, in a cute way. I want to ask him at his soccer game, but I can't think of anything exotic to do for him. I already know he will say yes, but I still want to ask him. Help!

By Kitty kat

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By lyssa fuller 1 Flag

If you want to ask him at his soccer game why don't you have 7 guys on the team have a letter on them (1 with ?) and after the game they can lift up there shirts one by one.in order saying "Sadies?"

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking My Boyfriend to Sadie Hawkins

My boyfriend loves Superman and I want to ask him to Sadie's and have it be something to do with Superman, but I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

By Eliz

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By hailbail1864 1 Flag

Get a superman shirt, one of the ones with the logo on it. Then tape a piece of paper that says "adies?" Next to the "s" in the logo. Wear a jacket or button down on top of it. When you see him rip open the shirt or jacket to reveal your message.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cute Way to Ask a Guy to Sadies

What would be a cute way to ask a guy to a sadies? He plays baseball and he's on the school team but we go to different schools.

By Maya

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Shaylee M. 1 Flag

Play catch with him after school or something with a baseball. Write it on a baseball and throw the ball to him. When he gets the ball, he should read it. (:

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking a Friend to Sadie Hawkins

I need really good ideas for asking my friend to Sadies.

By Jazmynee from CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lilac 20 1,329 Flag

:"Will you go to the Sadie Hawkin's dance with me?"

"I'd like to take you to the Sadie Hawkins dance"

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking a Guy to Sadie Hawkins

There's a new guy at my school and I'm the first friend he's made. I really want to ask him to Sadie's, but I'm nervous and can't find a creative way to ask him that suits him. He's into music and skating. Can anyone help?

By CC Marie

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By anne 13 149 Flag

Just ask him, plain & simple.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking a Guy to Sadies

I want to ask the guy I like to the Sadie Hawkins dance, but I don't know how to. He really likes camouflage and is going to join the military. What should I do?

By Dakota W. from Waterford, CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By katieash045 1 Flag

Get a posterboard and write "even an army coulden't stop me from asking you to sadies"

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking Boyfriend to Sadie Hawkins Dance

By Nemo S 1 1

Boyfriend and GirlfriendSo I want to ask my boyfriend of almost 1 year to Sadie's. But I want to decorate his room. I've seen a few cute ideas, but I want it to be really cute. Can anyone help?

By Nemo S.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 466 2,132 Flag

I am a bit confused. Does one have a connection to the other? And, are you sure he would want someone decorating his room "really cute". Please don't get me wrong, I am sure your intentions are good but the way you posted, it is not clear to me what you are asking. I hope others out there can do better.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking a Football Player to Sadies

I'm asking this guy to Sadie's and I want to ask him a cute way that involves football because he's on the team.

By Bob

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Carol B. 1 2 Flag

I would get a tiny football, like a kid's size, and write "would you go to Sadie's with me?" on it with a sharpie marker. It will be a cute souvenir for him too!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking a Guy to Sadies

What's a creative cute way to ask a guy to Sadie Hawkins?

By Sabrina

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Joan 13 1,479 Flag

Why do you need a creative, cute way to ask a guy to anything? Especially for Sadie Hawkins Day, everybody knows that is special for girls to ask guys. However, in this day and age, it is entirely proper for girls to ask guys for dates. Just ask!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking Boyfriend to Sadie Hawkins

I want to ask my boyfriend to sadies in a cute way, it's already a for sure yes, but I still want him to feel special. He is also a baseball player.
Any ideas?

By Alyssa

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Hannah W. 1 Flag

Write "will you come to Sadie Hawkins with me" on a baseball and ask to play catch with him!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking a Friend to a Sadie Hawkins Dance

How do I ask a guy to the Sadie Hawkins dance as just friends, without it being weird?

By b.f.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Joan B. 2 386 Flag

If this is a guy you know fairly well and are friends, just ask him, no matter who he is it is best to just ask. All he can do is say "no."

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking a Guy on Swim Team to Sadies

By erin barrientos 1

The guy I'm asking to Sadies is on the varsity swim team. I need an idea how to ask him.

Erin

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Approach him when he is NOT with his friends, smile and say "Hi. Will you go to the Sadies with me?"

Guys hate "cutsie-pooh" things, and can easily be embarrassed in front of their friends. Your best bet is to be simple and direct.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking a Guy to Sadies

Well there is this guy I have a huge crush on and he is a wrestler. Sadies is coming up and I want to ask him, but I want it to be related to wrestling. Not something to over the top, but enough to get him surprised and no I do not want to tackle or pin him lol.

By Lindsay

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking My Boyfriend to Sadie's/Morp

I wanna ask my boyfriend to the Sadie's/Morp and the problem is he goes to a different school. It's hard to do most of the stuff people say. He gets out of school earlier than me so it would be hard to be at his house and he doesn't work yet. What is a cute idea? He is a track runner, but doesn't have a track meet till February 14, on our two month anniversary. Ideas anyone?

By Latham D. from Sandspring, OK

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking Someone to Sadies With Under the Sea Theme

The guy I like is named Sebastian and I was thinking of asking him to Sadies with an under the sea banner. I want it to be unique and not the same old, "out of all the fishies in the sea" stuff.

By Kassy

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

By Missmouse94 2

I had already planned out a way of asking my boyfriend to his school's Sadie's that fit the theme, but I found out that the theme is actually sports. We've already discussed going as archers to set us apart from the status quo of people wearing jerseys. So I want to stick with the dance theme without doing the overdone "I finally have the balls to ask you to Sadie's" method.

I'm thinking something that fits to the archer thing. He and I are very into comics so maybe trying to fit Hawkeye or Green Arrow into the Sadie's proposal? I also do have about 5 or 6 of his friends ready and willing to help me out with whatever plan I come up with.

Though I know he'll say yes and already knows we're going together I like to do special proposals. I've done it this way for two years already, if I slack off this year Ned will be disappointed. I prefer to avoid too simple of things.

By Belinda B.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Asking Your Boyfriend to Sadies

My bf and I have dated for 6 months. I want a unique/creative way of asking him, not being too over the top. Please help. asap

By abc

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

What is a cute way to ask my boyfriend to sadies?

By Jolene

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

I'm looking for a really cute way to ask this a guy to my high school sadies. I know one way, but a lot of girls know about it. So I'm bummed. Can you help me come up with cute ideas?

MT

Answers:

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

I just completely caught my guy off guard. We had been flirting for a couple days and so I asked one of my guy friends what to do and he told me to just ask him straight out so I did! And he said yes! So, it really depends on the guy but just try to ask him straight out, so then if he does say no, only you and him know! good luck! (12/04/2006)

By Christy

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

You should buy boxers and decorate it and ask him if that is the right size and on the tag it says 'Sadies with me?'

Or you could make or buy a blanket and iron letters on it that spell out Sadies?

Another way is to have your friends with signs going to his house if he walks home or gets a ride to his house. Have your friends stand on the side with different words like the first person has a sign "will you" and the next "go to" then "sadies with" and the last person has an arrow pointing to you and you have all these balloons and what not. (02/28/2007)

By brianna

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

To ask a guy to Sadies, get a few of your friends to help out. Get four envelopes with clues in them. In every envelope, there will be a different clue and by lunch time, you meet him at his lunch spot with a ball (if he plays sports) then say I finally got the balls to ask you to Sadies!

By Sara from Elkhart, IN (03/12/2007)

By jess_admin

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Buy a fortune cookie, take out the message inside and put your own message. It could be something like "Sadie's with me?" It's really cute and it works well (03/14/2007)

By omar

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

You could go to his house and decorate the garage so when he pulled up to the garage it would say Sadies. (08/24/2007)

By anna

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

I know I have done a lot of fun stuff, there was one time I asked a guy and decorated his room pink, and I mean the room all you could see was pink, with a poster that said "It would tickle me pink if you would go to Sadie's with me!" and then I filled his room with balloons and put my name inside one. It was a masterpiece! (08/30/2007)

By Kloee

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Get three balloons. One says (b)YOU(/b) another one says (b)ME(/b) and the third one says (b)SADIE?(/b). Then you could attach a note and say will you go to Sadie Hawkins with me? <3______. (10/28/2007)

By Kayla

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

So my Friends did this:
-You write "Sadies' on a gum package and ask the boy if he wants some gum.
-If the boy plays football buy a football, write Sadies on it, then hide it. You make a scavenger hunt so it leads up to the ball!
-You write 'Sadies' on a pencil and accidentally drop it and ask him if he woouldcare to pick it up!
-THIS IS THE BEST: my friends Dad works for a UPS and he got dressed up and delivered a cake to the boys house. On the cake said "you + me= Sadies: Call 555-.....' it was really cute!! (11/03/2007)

By Anonymous

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

You go to the pet store and you buy a Betta fish, they're really cheap only ONE dollar! Then you can make a sign or write on the fish tank and say "Out of all the fish in the sea, will you go to______ with me??

(11/06/2007)

By ana

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

When I was a sophomore I wanted to ask my boyfriend to Sadies, and at our school Sadies was a big deal. So what I did that was easy and in-expensive was I bought a pack of about 100 balloons and me and one of my friends blew them all up. I had my friend take my boyfriends keys after he had dressed out for baseball and we went to his car and filled the car top to bottom with all the balloons. In one of the balloons I put glitter and a note that said; "Sadies?" in really cute writing. He had to find the balloon in the middle of the other 100 and pop it to get the message. It was original and he loved it. (11/08/2007)

By Lindsey

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

This is a fun way, it's kinda like a scavenger hunt. Go to your local mall and look up all the stores that have something sweet about it like food or something. It has to start with a the letter of the dance like Starbucks, Auntie Annes, Dippin Dots, Icing, Ethal M's, Sweet Factory. Give them a note at the beginning saying "It would be oh so sweet if you went to _____________ with _________?"
(go to the mall directory and look up E5 for example....and go to it) Leaves clues at each store and at the last store be there with sign saying ME. It worked really well with my bf so give it a try. (11/13/2007)

By Ashley

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

My friend did this one. She covered the floor of the boy's bedroom in tootsie rolls, then put little Tonka dumb trucks everywhere with donkeys in them and had a huge poster that said. "Toots, can I haul your a** to sadies?" It was so cute. (11/13/2007)

By Jennna

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

I came up with this one idea. You give a few cinnamon rolls to the guy you want to ask with a note attached that says, "Can I haul your BUNS to the dance?" (12/23/2007)

By Megan

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

If, when your guy was at work, you went to his house and put tons of balloons all over his room. And from the garage (or front door) (wherever he is going to enter the house from) have a Hershey's kiss trail leading to his room. And when he enters the room you are there with the balloons and on the floor or bed (whichever) you would spell out in the kisses, SADIES? (01/01/2008)

By Miranda

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

My idea is to get a plain shirt and then get those iron-on letters and then iron on SADIES?! Then wear a sweatshirt that zips up over it and then when it is just you and him say "Do you like my shirt?!" and unzip it. (and of course bring and extra shirt so i don't have to wear the one that says SADIES?)
(01/08/2008)

By ...noneya

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

If you're asking a soccer guy I think it would be a really good idea to decorate his room with balloons and stuff, and when he first walks in he reads a sign that says "It's my goal to take you to Sadies" then behind all the balloons there's another sign that says "Do you have the ball to take me?" Have soccer balls all around the room too. Then in the balloons have your name. (01/08/2008)

By emily

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

My friend did this. We were in math class and were using graphing calculators. She and the guy she liked were passing notes using the calculator. When he gave it back to her she drew a picture on the graph of a boy and a girl and put Sadies? It was so cute. Unfortunately it was over a week ago and he still hasn't said yes or no. (01/17/2008)

By lauren.

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

When my boyfriend was at soccer practice I called his mom and asked her if it was cool if I came over and asked him to Sadies. I stopped by K-Mart on the way and bought a bunch of glow in the dark stars on the way and me and my sis and friends wrote "Sadies?" on the ceiling with the stars. When he went to bed that night he was laying down and saw the stars. It worked really well! (01/27/2008)

By Courtney

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Well my friend's boyfriend works at the local grocery store.
Yeah I know, how lame, but anyways. She's going to have his manager call him and be like "can you come to isle __" and when he comes there'll be a big sign that says "twirp" on it.
Of course yours would say Sadies or something. Twirp is just what our school calls it. It stands for "the woman is required to pay". (01/30/2008)

By Kelsey

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

You could have a pizza delivered to his house with SADIES spelled out in pepperoni or sausage. If you don't know any pizza places that'll do that for u, just make a special movie date and tell him you'll provide the food. You can take a frozen pizza and do it yourself. (02/04/2008)

By Amanda

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

This is what I am doing. I'm burning him a CD with just the song Sadie Hawkin's dance on it. Then I'm drawing a question mark and writing love, Melissa. And then I'll give it to him :) (02/05/2008)

By Melissa

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

My idea was to get a plain pillow you can make it or just buy one (its more fun if its a cool color). Then in sequins/gems or use glow in the dark felt paint write "Sadies Hawkins?" and under it have it say "sleep on it" and on the back or in the corner write your name or initials! Then drop it off at his house and have someone in his family put it under his covers so when he goes to bed he sees it :) (02/10/2008)

By

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Get cupcakes and each one says Sadies on it. Put one in each of his classes and at 6th period have your name or something like that. (02/10/2008)

By sandy G

My boyfriend graduated last year and I want to ask him to Sadies. He is sleeping over tonight because he is going to my volleyball tournament really early the next morning and he won't be here until 11 pm.

Does anyone have any cute ideas to ask him? He's really into super cross and he played football and basketball.

Megan from San Diego, Ca

Answers:

Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

I was really nervous when I was going to ask this guy I liked to Sadies. I liked him for about 1 year so I really didn't know what to do. He plays baseball so I decided to go with the baseball theme. My best friend and I went to the store and bought a bunch of baseballs, and on each ball we wrote, "will you go to Sadies with me?". He loved it, but now I don't know what to do; everyone is going out to dinner but I don't really want to go out to eat. So I thought it would be fun if we did something else. Do you have any ideas? (02/12/2008)

By sports fanatic

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

If you have the time and/or the money, get one of those personalized packages of M&M's, and have it say "Sadies?" on each of them. (02/14/2008)

By Allison

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Our winter formal this year was girl ask guy. My boyfriend was going on a Mexico mission trip the next day, so I decided to ask him two weeks in advance. I got a stuffed Kermit the frog doll, made a crown out of construction paper and taped it on. Then I made a card out of card stock and sharpies that read, "of all the froggies in the lake, you're the prince I want to take", he loved it! (02/16/2008)

By your mom ;]

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

This is really cute. You get a shoe box and decorate it cute. Then you get pink balloons and fill them with helium and draw pig faces on them. You write on the top of the box, "the day pigs fly will be the day I ask you to Sadies", and he opens up the box and the balloons go out. Be sure on the bottom of the box to write your name. Good luck and hopefully you do this one, it's super cute. (02/17/2008)

By kayla

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

I did this last year for my boyfriend. First you take a foam heart and freeze it in the middle of a block of ice. Then leave a note on it that says, "melt but do not break". Then have the foam heart say, "You make my heart melt, Sadies?". (02/26/2008)

By Kelsey.

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

This is cute, I used it for last year. I wrote on the windows of his car with window paint and he left it on for like a week. (03/02/2008)

By Pretty Britty

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

This guy I like (and have known forever) plays baseball. I asked him to our twirp and it was really cute. I needed something inexpensive so I filled his baseball bag with balls I had, and the one on top said TWIRP? (03/05/2008)

By nikki

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Also, you could get a few friends to email him about 25 emails saying, "go to sadies with ..._____!" Have friends (and you) call him 25 times and say, "go to sadies with ...____!" Promise him a kiss if he wants to go to the sadies with you. After the dance you could give him 50 hershey kisses, or a real one.
(03/06/2008)

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

You should just do whatever y'all do together for fun and then say, "will you go to sadies with me?". (03/08/2008)

By Melissa

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

One of my friends was playing hangman with the guy she wanted to ask and the word he was trying to figure out was sadies. It was really cute. (03/10/2008)

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

When my boyfriend left my house I told him I had a headache and was going to go to bed. He text me letting me know when he got home, and 10 to 20 mins. later I went to his house (parents approval) and wrote out in candles on the front lawn 'sadies' with a big feather boa around it in the shape of a heart. He was so shocked and surprised I did that. He loved it! (04/19/2008)

By kendahl

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Haha, my friend gave me a cute idea to ask my friend to Sadies. She told me to get an inexpensive white t-shirt and write a whole bunch of girl's names all over it in washable marker, except I would write mine in sharpie. The front would say, "Wash Me!" and the back would say "Sadies?". After he would wash it, it would only be my name left. :] (08/30/2008)

By Kurtee

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

When my brother was in high school, he worked as a cashier at the local gas-station. Late at night the girl that wanted to ask him got exactly $10 worth of gas and wrote all over the $10 bill, "sadies?" I thought it was a cute idea, but of course, it only works if he has a job, lol! (09/27/2008)

By Mackenzie

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

My boyfriend is graduating this year so I want to make it special. I want to ask him out in a really public way, so that he knows I want everyone to know how much I love him. I was thinking about putting up a poster in the quad that is really big and says his name, then "Sadie's?". (10/02/2008)

By emily

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

One year, I bought 3 huge bags of tootsie rolls and unwrapped 9 of them and put a letter of my name on each wrapper, and then mixed them up again and scattered them all across his desk, with a dozen red and brown balloons and a sign saying, "Hey TOOTSIE, wanna ROLL with me to Sadies?" Unwrap ALL of the tootsie rolls to find out who your sweetheart is! (10/07/2008)

By anonymous

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Last year I carved "sadies" in a pumpkin and lit it up and brought it to the guys doorstep. It was super cute :] (10/17/2008)

By Kelsey

Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

You ask his father or mother to help you & when the guy you want to ask is out of the house or somewhere, go to his house and write sadies on the garage door, then when he opens it you will be standing inside. :D (10/20/2008)

By ANDREA & REESE

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

So if the person you want to ask to sadies is in class, you go to the teacher before hand and ask if you could go in at the beginning. You get 7 of your friends and get t-shirts, either colored or plain, and each person has a letter on there shirt which when standing together spells out "sadies?". At the beginning of class have them go in one by one and line up in the front of the class, then once they are all together, come in last and then he will see you and can tell you his answer. (10/21/2008)

By Reese & Andrea

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Make a sign that's just big enough so it can go on his back. Give him a hug and put it on his back good. On the piece of paper it will say "sadies". (10/25/2008)

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Think of something that he likes. This one guy I like always asks me for gum like everyday. Since I'm too shy about things like this, I'm thinking of keeping it small. So I figured tomorrow, when he asks for a piece, I'd put one up to his face with the words "sadies?" on it. Try something like that. :] (10/29/2008)

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

My idea is to get a whole bunch of Hershey kisses and write in his yard Winter Dance?-(your name). I think that that would be really cute. (11/02/2008)

By Kendra

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Try to avoid just straight up asking them. It will make them feel really special if you go to a lot of work to do something. Try and do something that is original that no one has seen before...and most importantly, DON'T BE SCARED! It's silly to not go if you are afraid of rejection. A guy will just be flattered you asked and the likelihood of him saying no is little to none. Good luck and just make it fun! :) (11/15/2008)

By Carissa

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

What I'm going to do is fill up my boyfriend's hockey bag when he's at practice with a bunch of hockey pucks and have one of them say "sadies?". (11/26/2008)

By kate

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Okay, I debated forever trying to think of a great idea. It was stupid. The guy I asked had just gotten his license so when he was at basketball, my friends & I totally decked out his car writing "sadies" everywhere with my name. He loved it and called me that night saying YES! The first thing he said was I love my car, haha. (11/28/2008)

By WHUUDDUP

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

If you live close to a mountain or go snowboarding during the winter, go up to the mountain with him and a few other friends. Then, have your friends talk to him below the chairlift and you ride it up. Then when you're right above him, have your friends tell him to look up and have "SADIES?", or "TOLO?", or whatever it's called on the bottom of your snowboard. I'm thinking of doing that. :) (12/11/2008)

By Mckenna

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

I have a few cute ideas:

Go to his room when he's not home, and with obvious parent permission, decorate his walls and ceiling in those glow-in-the-dark stars. Then on a regular piece of poster board, write "star light, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish you may, I wish you might, be my date on sadies night!".

You can get like three sticks of butter and tell three of your potential date's friends to each give him one throughout the whole day. Just go up and hand it to him without talking about it or anything. Then when school is over, you can have a bag of popcorn waiting at his house (or car) with a sign that says, "now that I've buttered you up, I'll pop the question--sadies?"

Cute stuff like that always works:) (01/04/2009)

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Order a pizza and when the pizza is made write "SADIES?" on it in M&M's (or whatever you like) and then have it delivered to his house. Or (if dating) have him come over to watch a movie and say, "I ordered a pizza it should be here any minute", then when its delivered have him open it.
(01/12/2009)

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

This year for sadies I was thinking about asking my boyfriend by getting a white pinata, then drawing on black stripes, getting like a black poster and a silver sharpie and say, "Run wild with me to sadies?". Then have zebra balloons and things to match zebra. Is that good? Any good ideas with zebras? (01/15/2009)

By vikki A

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

One of my friends asked her date by using toy cars. She wrote one word on each of the cars, "will" "you" "go"...etc. you get the picture :) Then she had some of her friends deliver the cars at different times. Then she went up to him with the car that said "me" and asked if he'd go with her. It was really cute and he said yes. (01/20/2009)

By Sylina

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

I was thinking of asking my boyfriend to sadies by decorating my room up. Then when he comes over, hang out somewhere else and find a time to ask him to go get you something from your room. Then he will see everything and be super surprised! (01/21/2009)

By fake47

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

It worked. That was a really good idea about the m&m on a pizza thing. He loved it and ate the whole thing, yum! (01/29/2009)

By katie

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

This works for any boy who plays a sport with a ball. You buy or make a rear view mirror decoration with the ball of choice and hang it from the mirror. Then make a sign that reads, "I didn't have the BALLS to ask you in person, will you go to SADIE with me?", and tape it on his steering wheel. My boyfriend LOVED this! (01/29/2009)

By me?

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

My boyfriend's favorite food is pop tarts. So I am going to go before school and put a pop tart in each of his classes with icing on it that says, will .. you .. etc. and then we both have sixth period sports together, so I'll be standing outside the locker room with an empty pop tart box and a big sign that says "with me?". :) (01/30/2009)

By Hannah M

Asking To a Turnabout or Sadies Dance

I liked the idea of the candles, unfortunately I don't have a lot of money to buy them [don't have a job]. So I'm asking my boyfriend by taking a strand of white Christmas lights, and popping them through a poster board spelling out TB? or turnabout? Then I'm either going to plug those into my clapper (ya know the thing that when you clap it activates the lights), or just plug it into an outlet that is switch activated. (02/03/2009)

By Becka

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

I want to ask one of my guy friends to Sadies. He's in my Spanish class so I thought I could do something cute with that. Any ideas? (02/04/2009)

By KK

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

I went in the night to my boyfriend's house and stuck tons of sticky notes on his truck saying "sadies?" with hearts on some. When he woke up, he was surprised, it was great. :D (02/04/2009)

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

The guy I'm asking asks for a pen every day in history class. I'm getting a pencil bag and filling it up with mechanical pencils and ballpoint pens then putting 7 colorful markers inside also. On the bag I'm going to write his name really big and below that, "I know you never have anything to write with..." and when he opens it there is going to be a note saying "dear ________ find all the markers and put them in rainbow order to find your message :) love, ______". He will pull each of them out and on each marker cap will be a letter spelling s-a-d-i-e-s-? and I am getting a friend to put it in his backpack so he will be totally surprised! (02/05/2009)

By delilah

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

I think I'm going to ask my boyfriend to sadies and this is how. When he gets home from b-ball practice he won't know I'm there and his dog will run to him with a dart on his collar. On the dart it will say go to your room, and when he gets to his room 1 of his walls will be covered with balloons, and with the dart he will have to pop them. Underneath the balloons will be a sign that says "sadies?" Then once he clears all the balloons I will walk in. Do you all think that's good or not? Please help. (02/08/2009)

By Lauren

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

For winter formal last year, my date made a cootie catcher and then told me to pick a number, a color and another number. When he opened it up it said, "Winter Ball?". It was cute and would also totally work for Sadies. (02/09/2009)

By liza

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

If you get off campus for lunch, go as a group of friends (with the person you want to ask) and sit next to him. When the check comes make sure the waiter gives it to him and write sadies with your name on it. (02/09/2009)

By miss thing

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

I did this last year. My bf plays soccer. I decorated a pair of my soccer cleats with foam letters saying "sadies?" on one and "guess who?" on the other (he knows they're my cleats).

So I asked some of the guys on the team to get his locker combo for me. Before practice I went into the locker room and hung them in his locker. It was great cause the whole team knew but him. He ran out of the locker room with a huge smile. He loved it. (02/11/2009)

By marina

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

So the theme of our dance was army, and I made him do some sort of obstacle course that was related to the army exercises. At each course there was a clue, finally when he was done, the clues all led to me and I had a sign that said ATTENTION! SADIES SIR? It was really cute. You should try it. (02/16/2009)

By mel

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Last year I asked a good friend to tolo. The theme of our tolo was jungle fever. So I went to Kinko's or Fed-ex and got a big sign that had a lion on it, and it had a voice bubble coming from the lion saying, "Will you go to TOLO with__________?". I stuck it on his car. He loved it and still has the sign on his wall today! (02/19/2009)

By ya ya girl :)

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Take a heart shaped pie or cake tin and write on the inside of it, "now that you've melted my heart, how about sadies?". Fill the tin with water and ice and leave it as his door. (02/24/2009)

By Alex

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Well, our sadies is in 2 weeks and I finally decided how to ask my boyfriend. Haha. It was a combo of my friends idea, my idea and his friends idea.

My best friend and I are going to bake cupcakes. Then frost them so they each have an S, A, D, I, E, S, or a ?. And then at school for his 1st period class I'm going to put them on his desk, but in the form of a heart (that will also be our 1 year anniversary type thing). So there will be a big heart on his desk (plus a red t-shirt so he can wear it to say he's taken), and the border of the heart will say "sadies?". I'm very excited.
(02/25/2009)

By Nikki

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

Something I think would be cute is to get a balloon, maybe in his favorite color, and inside it put a bunch of glitter or confetti and put a note inside. Then fill the balloon with helium, and tie it to his lunch table or locker or something. Write his name on the balloon, and maybe attach a needle inside of a note that says "POP ME". Then the note inside will say "sadies?", of course.
(02/28/2009)

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

I used the star one. Genius! (03/01/2009)

By danielle

Archive: Asking Someone To Sadie Hawkins

What is a cute way to ask my guy friend to Sadies? He likes peanut butter M and M's and lives up in the mountains.

Angie

Feedback:

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

(submitted via email)

My junior year, we had a Sadies Dance and I asked a really good friend of mine. He had a Ford Explorer so I got a ton of cans of silly string and put it all over his truck (it's best if you have friends help you. It's way easier.) I made posters that said "Don't be silly... Go to Sadies with me." It turned out to be a really fun date. I even pulled a prank on him.

I told him when I was going shopping for our shirts and promised I would send him a picture of the one I got. I decided to find the ugliest shirt I could and send him a picture of it instead. So I found a really awful one and sent him a picture that said, "I just bought our shirts! Can't wait for the dance!"

I told him the next day that it was just a joke and he laughed it off. The night of our date, I took him to Wingers (he got a chicken pot pie bigger than his head) and we talked about the picture I sent him of our "shirt". He told me, "I almost started crying. I was ready to tell you I didn't want to go to the dance."

I laughed really hard, but Sadies is such a fun dance. If you're thinking about not going, Go. Sadies is always a blast.

cOwGiRl49 (10/21/2009)

By Sally_Admin

Archive: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

I need help coming up with cute ways to ask your boyfriend to Sadie's.

By Pam from East Compton

Feedback:

RE: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

Dress up the way the comic of Sadie Hawkins appeared and wear puffy sleeves, clod hopper shoes, skirt to the ankles and a string of beads with hair piled on top of head sticking straight up and bangs. She was the homeliest character Al Capp created in Lil Abner. It was the second gun shot that got the girls to run after the boys in hot pursuit to catch and marry. The girl's ugly shoes were used to stomp on the boy's feet to hopefully slow 'em down. (10/26/2009)

By Lorelei

RE: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

I'm a sophomore and the guy I'm asking is a senior, so we don't really have any classes together. Luckily we have the same lunch period. What I'm planning to do is talk to the lunch ladies before the lunch period, and ask them to give him a piece of paper saying, "Will you go to Sadies with me?" instead of his change. Then I'll be standing right outside of the door, smiling waiting for an answer. (11/19/2009)

By asdfasdf

Archive: Asking a Boy to a Sadie Hawkins Dance

I need advice for how to ask a football player to a Sadie's?

By taty from Merced, CA

Feedback:

RE: Asking a Boy to a Sadie Hawkins Dance

I'd start by talking to the guy about it in general, see if he comes out and says he's going or not going with anybody yet. That way at least then you're "on topic" when you ask him. Good luck. (10/08/2009)

By kffrmw88

I would ask if he's been asked and if he says yes, then ask if he accepted. If no to being asked or that he did not accept if he was asked then just take a deep breath and ask him if he would like to go with you. (10/11/2009)

By Deeli

Guys don't like too much "cute" and they don't take hints well at all, but on the same token they're weird about girls if you're too pushy. I would just ask him if he'd like to go with you. Look him in the eye when you do it. Then look down and back up. Worked for me. (10/12/2009)

By Shosha

I want to ask this boy to Sadie Hawkins. We've known each other for about three months. I want to ask him in a cute, but clever type of way. Help.

By Teresa from Beaverton, OR

Feedback:

RE: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

What I did was, I have doodle buddy on my phone, and I saved an image saying "Sadies with Me?" And I set it as my wallpaper on my phone, then I asked the boy I wanted to take if he will switch phones with me. After that he saw my wallpaper and and got really happy. He said yes, of course. (01/31/2010)

By Carito

I am planning on asking one of my friends for 4 years now to Sadies. I need to do it either tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. He and I share interest in dance, but I don't know what I could do with that. He gets a Yoohoo everyday which is a chocolate milk drink. I need help on how to ask him to Sadies with using stuff like that. I'm trying to keep it original.

By Stephy from Las Vegas

Feedback:

Why not just ask him. If you know him really well, you shouldn't need a special way to do it. Just say something like "Are you going to the dance?". And if he says "no" say "why don't we go together and hang out". (02/03/2010)

By redhatterb

How about giving him a card with a handwritten poem? Something like:

Yoohoo drink is your favorite
I know how you do savor it.
Could it be there's a chance
You also like to dance?

I hope that fact could be true
Since I'd like to ask if you,
Would like everyone to see
To the Sadie dance you came with me. (02/08/2010)

By grandma2speedy

I need ideas on how to ask my boyfriend to Sadies. Does anyone have any ideas?

By Rachell from Los Gatos, CA

Feedback:

RE: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

Deliver the handwritten invitation with a box of favorite candies, a single daisy flower, etc.
Sadie Hawkins in a cross between country and hillbilly traditions. Give him a straw hat. (03/02/2010)

By T&T Grandma

My twin sister and I are wanting to ask the guys we want to go with to sadies at the same time. How? Does anyone have any good ideas?

By Kalie

So I wanna ask my boyfriend to the Sadie Hawkins dance. He's an amazing soccer player and plays the French horn in band. Does anyone have any ideas on how to ask!? I'm desperate and I need help soon, please.

By Hannah

Feedback:

RE: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

If he is already your boyfriend can't you just ask him, does it have to be done in a special way? (10/18/2010)

By redhatterb

RE: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

Just come right out and ask him. :) (10/18/2010)

By Ilove2sew932

RE: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

Just ask him if he has been asked to the Sadie Hawkins dance yet; if he says yes, say oh rats! I was hoping to go with you! If he says no, say well now you have! And I am hoping that we will have a blast!
(10/19/2010)

By MzScarlett

RE: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

If you have a chance to get to his horn case alone, leave a note in the case. (10/20/2010)

By pjcustar

RE: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

Here's a fun suggestion: Get a box of chocolate candies or some flowers or even a single flower, when you are alone together, get down on one knee in front of him and ask "Will you go to the dance with me?"
Another suggestion: Think of how you would want to be asked, then ask him the same way.
Good luck. (10/23/2010)

By tanyamichalski

Holidays and Parties Parties School DancesFebruary 14, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Boy and shy girl standing by lockers.
Ideas for Asking a Guy to a Dance
A girl with her prom date.
Asking a Guy to Prom
Homecoming Couple
Asking a Girl to Homecoming
female hand shaving legs
Asking Your Parents to Let You Shave
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 9:55:48 AM on 10.0.0.132 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings