Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
a girl in a formal dress

Planning how to ask a boy to a Sadie Hawkins dance can be a lot of fun. This is a guide about asking someone to Sadie Hawkins.

Here are questions related to Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins.

Question: Asking a Guy to Sadie Hawkins

There's a new guy at my school and I'm the first friend he's made. I really want to ask him to Sadie's, but I'm nervous and can't find a creative way to ask him that suits him. He's into music and skating. Can anyone help?

By CC Marie

Most Recent Answer

By anne [10]03/21/2014

Just ask him, plain & simple.

Question: Asking a Guy to Sadies

I want to ask the guy I like to the Sadie Hawkins dance, but I don't know how to. He really likes camouflage and is going to join the military. What should I do?

By Dakota W. from Waterford, CA

Question: Asking a Guy to Sadies

Well there is this guy I have a huge crush on and he is a wrestler. Sadies is coming up and I want to ask him, but I want it to be related to wrestling. Not something to over the top, but enough to get him surprised and no I do not want to tackle or pin him lol.

By Lindsay

Question: Asking Boyfriend to Sadie Hawkins Dance

Boyfriend and GirlfriendSo I want to ask my boyfriend of almost 1 year to Sadie's. But I want to decorate his room. I've seen a few cute ideas, but I want it to be really cute. Can anyone help?

By Nemo S.

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi01/28/2014

I am a bit confused. Does one have a connection to the other? And, are you sure he would want someone decorating his room "really cute". Please don't get me wrong, I am sure your intentions are good but the way you posted, it is not clear to me what you are asking. I hope others out there can do better.

Question: Asking My Boyfriend to Sadie's/Morp

I wanna ask my boyfriend to the Sadie's/Morp and the problem is he goes to a different school. It's hard to do most of the stuff people say. He gets out of school earlier than me so it would be hard to be at his house and he doesn't work yet. What is a cute idea? He is a track runner, but doesn't have a track meet till February 14, on our two month anniversary. Ideas anyone?

By Latham D. from Sandspring, OK

Question: Asking Someone to Sadies With Under the Sea Theme

The guy I like is named Sebastian and I was thinking of asking him to Sadies with an under the sea banner. I want it to be unique and not the same old, "out of all the fishies in the sea" stuff.

By Kassy

Question: Asking My Boyfriend to Sadie Hawkins

My boyfriend loves Superman and I want to ask him to Sadie's and have it be something to do with Superman, but I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

By Eliz

Most Recent Answer

By hailbail186401/06/2014

Get a superman shirt, one of the ones with the logo on it. Then tape a piece of paper that says "adies?" Next to the "s" in the logo. Wear a jacket or button down on top of it. When you see him rip open the shirt or jacket to reveal your message.

Question: Asking Boyfriend to Sadie Hawkins

I had already planned out a way of asking my boyfriend to his school's Sadie's that fit the theme, but I found out that the theme is actually sports. We've already discussed going as archers to set us apart from the status quo of people wearing jerseys. So I want to stick with the dance theme without doing the overdone "I finally have the balls to ask you to Sadie's" method.

I'm thinking something that fits to the archer thing. He and I are very into comics so maybe trying to fit Hawkeye or Green Arrow into the Sadie's proposal? I also do have about 5 or 6 of his friends ready and willing to help me out with whatever plan I come up with.

Though I know he'll say yes and already knows we're going together I like to do special proposals. I've done it this way for two years already, if I slack off this year Ned will be disappointed. I prefer to avoid too simple of things.

By Belinda B.

Question: Asking a Football Player to Sadies

I'm asking this guy to Sadie's and I want to ask him a cute way that involves football because he's on the team.

By Bob

Most Recent Answer

By Carol B.02/17/2013

I would get a tiny football, like a kid's size, and write "would you go to Sadie's with me?" on it with a sharpie marker. It will be a cute souvenir for him too!

Question: Asking Your Boyfriend to Sadies

My bf and I have dated for 6 months. I want a unique/creative way of asking him, not being too over the top. Please help. asap

By abc

Question: Asking a Guy to Sadies

What's a creative cute way to ask a guy to Sadie Hawkins?

By Sabrina

Most Recent Answer

By Joan03/02/2012

Why do you need a creative, cute way to ask a guy to anything? Especially for Sadie Hawkins Day, everybody knows that is special for girls to ask guys. However, in this day and age, it is entirely proper for girls to ask guys for dates. Just ask!

I want to ask my boyfriend to sadies in a cute way, it's already a for sure yes, but I still want him to feel special. He is also a baseball player.
Any ideas?

By Alyssa

Most Recent Answer

By Hannah W.12/15/2013

Write "will you come to Sadie Hawkins with me" on a baseball and ask to play catch with him!

What is a cute way to ask my boyfriend to sadies?

By Jolene

Question: Asking My Boyfriend to Sadies

I want to ask my boyfriend to Sadies, in a cute way. I want to ask him at his soccer game, but I can't think of anything exotic to do for him. I already know he will say yes, but I still want to ask him. Help!

By Kitty kat

Most Recent Answer

By Abbeydear10/10/2013

Make a sign that says "I can't believe I had the balls to ask you to the dance!" and put it on his locker, and inside his locker put a bunch of baseballs :)

Question: Cute Way to Ask a Guy to Sadies

What would be a cute way to ask a guy to a sadies? He plays baseball and he's on the school team but we go to different schools.

By Maya

Most Recent Answer

By Shaylee M.01/14/2014

Play catch with him after school or something with a baseball. Write it on a baseball and throw the ball to him. When he gets the ball, he should read it. (:

Question: Asking a Friend to a Sadie Hawkins Dance

How do I ask a guy to the Sadie Hawkins dance as just friends, without it being weird?

By b.f.

Most Recent Answer

By Joan B.10/14/2011

If this is a guy you know fairly well and are friends, just ask him, no matter who he is it is best to just ask. All he can do is say "no."

Question: Asking a Friend to Sadie Hawkins

I need really good ideas for asking my friend to Sadies.

By Jazmynee from CA

Most Recent Answer

By Lilac08/18/2011

:"Will you go to the Sadie Hawkin's dance with me?"
"I'd like to take you to the Sadie Hawkins dance"

Question: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

What's a cute way to ask the guy I like to Sadies?

By Jocelyn from Las Vegas, NV

Most Recent Answer

By julieannquemada02/03/2013

I was thinking of having my friends wear a shirt and on each shirt it spells out Sadies and I will have a shirt with a question mark on it.

Question: Asking a Guy on Swim Team to Sadies

The guy I'm asking to Sadies is on the varsity swim team. I need an idea how to ask him.

Erin

Most Recent Answer

By U*u*U (Guest Post)01/24/2008

Approach him when he is NOT with his friends, smile and say "Hi. Will you go to the Sadies with me?"

Guys hate "cutsie-pooh" things, and can easily be embarrassed in front of their friends. Your best bet is to be simple and direct.

Solutions: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Asking Someone To Sadie Hawkins

What is a cute way to ask my guy friend to Sadies? He likes peanut butter M and M's and lives up in the mountains.

Angie

RE: Asking Someone To Sadies Hawkins

(submitted via email) My junior year, we had a Sadies Dance and I asked a really good friend of mine. He had a Ford Explorer so I got a ton of cans of silly string and put it all over his truck (it's best if you have friends help you. It's way easier.) I made posters that said "Don't be silly... Go to Sadies with me." It turned out to be a really fun date. I even pulled a prank on him.

I told him when I was going shopping for our shirts and promised I would send him a picture of the one I got. I decided to find the ugliest shirt I could and send him a picture of it instead. So I found a really awful one and sent him a picture that said, "I just bought our shirts! Can't wait for the dance!"

I told him the next day that it was just a joke and he laughed it off. The night of our date, I took him to Wingers (he got a chicken pot pie bigger than his head) and we talked about the picture I sent him of our "shirt". He told me, "I almost started crying. I was ready to tell you I didn't want to go to the dance."

I laughed really hard, but Sadies is such a fun dance. If you're thinking about not going, Go. Sadies is always a blast.

cOwGiRl49 (10/21/2009)

By Sally_Admin

Archive: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

I need help coming up with cute ways to ask your boyfriend to Sadie's.

By Pam from East Compton

RE: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

Dress up the way the comic of Sadie Hawkins appeared and wear puffy sleeves, clod hopper shoes, skirt to the ankles and a string of beads with hair piled on top of head sticking straight up and bangs. She was the homeliest character Al Capp created in Lil Abner. It was the second gun shot that got the girls to run after the boys in hot pursuit to catch and marry. The girl's ugly shoes were used to stomp on the boy's feet to hopefully slow 'em down. (10/26/2009)

By Lorelei

RE: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

I'm a sophomore and the guy I'm asking is a senior, so we don't really have any classes together. Luckily we have the same lunch period. What I'm planning to do is talk to the lunch ladies before the lunch period, and ask them to give him a piece of paper saying, "Will you go to Sadies with me?" instead of his change. Then I'll be standing right outside of the door, smiling waiting for an answer. (11/19/2009)

By asdfasdf

Archive: Asking a Boy to a Sadie Hawkins Dance

I need advice for how to ask a football player to a Sadie's?

By taty from Merced, CA

RE: Asking a Boy to a Sadie Hawkins Dance

I'd start by talking to the guy about it in general, see if he comes out and says he's going or not going with anybody yet. That way at least then you're "on topic" when you ask him. Good luck. (10/08/2009)

By kffrmw88

I would ask if he's been asked and if he says yes, then ask if he accepted. If no to being asked or that he did not accept if he was asked then just take a deep breath and ask him if he would like to go with you. (10/11/2009)

By Deeli

Guys don't like too much "cute" and they don't take hints well at all, but on the same token they're weird about girls if you're too pushy. I would just ask him if he'd like to go with you. Look him in the eye when you do it. Then look down and back up. Worked for me. (10/12/2009)

By Shosha

I want to ask this boy to Sadie Hawkins. We've known each other for about three months. I want to ask him in a cute, but clever type of way. Help.

By Teresa from Beaverton, OR

RE: Asking Someone to Sadie Hawkins

What I did was, I have doodle buddy on my phone, and I saved an image saying "Sadies with Me?" And I set it as my wallpaper on my phone, then I asked the boy I wanted to take if he will switch phones with me. After that he saw my wallpaper and and got really happy. He said yes, of course. (01/31/2010)

By Carito

I am planning on asking one of my friends for 4 years now to Sadies. I need to do it either tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. He and I share interest in dance, but I don't know what I could do with that. He gets a Yoohoo everyday which is a chocolate milk drink. I need help on how to ask him to Sadies with using stuff like that. I'm trying to keep it original.

By Stephy from Las Vegas

Why not just ask him. If you know him really well, you shouldn't need a special way to do it. Just say something like "Are you going to the dance?". And if he says "no" say "why don't we go together and hang out". (02/03/2010)

By redhatterb

How about giving him a card with a handwritten poem? Something like:

Yoohoo drink is your favorite
I know how you do savor it.
Could it be there's a chance
You also like to dance?

I hope that fact could be true
Since I'd like to ask if you,
Would like everyone to see
To the Sadie dance you came with me. (02/08/2010)

By grandma2speedy

I need ideas on how to ask my boyfriend to Sadies. Does anyone have any ideas?

My twin sister and I are wanting to ask the guys we want to go with to sadies at the same time. How? Does anyone have any good ideas?

By Kalie