Ideas For Asking a Guy To a Dance

So coed is on the 20th and I wanna ask this guy that I really like. I've already asked him through text, but I wanna ask him in a better way. I can't come up with anything good. Please help.

By Erika from Pocatello, ID

Best Answer

I have a really cute idea, its plain and simple. If your in a ceramics class at school, or if you have a friend who is make a little red heart in ceramics and carve out "sadie's?" or "tolo?" or whatever you call your dance, then when its finished go up to who you would like to ask really casually and be like "hey! look at this thing I made in ceramics!" and he probably will be surprised because you said casually so he wasnt expecting that. I decided I'm going to do that for tolo :) I can't wait!

The best way to ask him is to just ask him. Approach him and say. "Hi. I sent you a text about going to the dance but I really want to know how you feel about it. Will you take me or not?" Something to that effect.

An ill of our society is using technology for the short cuts and wanting proper responses from others. The text is like note passing, from one person to another. Who is to say it is on the up and up when the one asking doesn't ask in person. At the very least, a cute idea of a card mailed, if you are not in daily/weekly contact with this person. This is an invitation! Manners never goes out of style. A written invitation would verify you truly wanted a response, this was not a joke, and you were waiting for the R.S.V.P. (also proper to expect it).

I'm actually asking a guy to morp (prom backwards. xD) tomorrow. We both have a song that we love (umbrella/singing in the rain - glee). So, I made a tiny umbrella that says 'will you go to the dance with me?' and have it placed by his favorite cookies. c:

AJ, thanks for the goldfish idea. My boyfriend is a sucker for sweet things like that. Im asking him to my senior Homecoming this weekend.

Thanks girl!

-Dana-