Run Away Ivy

I planted in the past (not knowing at the time) an ivy vine for ground cover that has become a nuisance. It is climbing up the side of my house, choking out my plants (lily of the valley, shrubs, day lilies, ferns, and mint). We have pulled it out at one time and it came back.

I would like to know if anyone knows of a way to get rid of this without harming those other plants, I would appreciate any and all help for a solution. Ellen Brown, if you have any ideas, again I would appreciate any suggestions I may receive. Thanks to all in advance.

By Patsy from Salem, MO

I was looking up information and thinking it would be like my Morning Glories, but I love them so much, i don't mind pulling them up from one part of the yard and putting them in another part of the yard. Wouldn't it be great if all plants grew as well as these plants we want to get rid of

What Can I Use to Get Rid of Ivy?
Home and Garden Gardening Weeds Woody and Vining WeedsMay 24, 2011
Ivy on a building.
Removing Ivy From a Building or Home
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
A hole in a pair of pantyhose.
Fixing a Run in Your Stockings
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants