What Can I Use to Get Rid of Ivy?

I have a large wooded lot with lots of ivy and would appreciate it if someone could suggest a herbicide that would kill the ivy? Thanks.
Bob

Hardiness Zone: 7b

By boblink1

Herbicides and pesticides now have an established link to neuromuscular diseases such as Parkinsons, so I can't recommend any; how about a goat? Maybe you can rent or borrow one.

Round up should do the job, go by directions, good luck.

Total Vegetation Killer. This is made by Ortho, Inc. You can get this product at Lowe's, Home Depot, Southern States and most gardening centers. It is the best stuff I have ever used and I've used it for ridding large amts. of English Ivy which had begun to encroach my gardens. I buy the bottle of concentrated liquid and mix it stronger than the bottle recommendations.

It will kill the ivy and any plantings the product comes in contact with.

I use the above product in a gravel driveway too to stop weeds, etc. and it works great. I always wear gloves and protective goggles when spraying any type of pesticides/herbicides. This stuff works and is worth the cost. Good luck!

I planted in the past (not knowing at the time) an ivy vine for ground cover that has become a nuisance. It is climbing up the side of my house, choking out my plants (lily of the valley, shrubs, day lilies, ferns, and mint). We have pulled it out at one time and it came back.

I would like to know if anyone knows of a way to get rid of this without harming those other plants, I would appreciate any and all help for a solution. Ellen Brown, if you have any ideas, again I would appreciate any suggestions I may receive. Thanks to all in advance.

By Patsy from Salem, MO

Answers

I was looking up information and thinking it would be like my Morning Glories, but I love them so much, i don't mind pulling them up from one part of the yard and putting them in another part of the yard. Wouldn't it be great if all plants grew as well as these plants we want to get rid of
Robyn