Morning Glory Cuttings

I like to take cuttings off of different yard plants and put them in jars on my windowsills. This morning glory actually bloomed.

By Kflocey from Gladwin, MI

My Mother and I both love morning glories. I sprouted one that I cut from outside in water and then replanted it where I wanted it to grow. Our fences are now covered wtih them. I bring them in all the time and bloom them on window sills. I always take an envelope full of the round seeds at the end of growing season and break them open and plant them again next year. The rest fall from the pods off the vine onto the ground.I love these plants. I believe they are related to the sweet potato or yam plant. Racer

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful morning glories!! It's staring to act like spring here in Ohio and I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt. My thumbs are actually itching!

thank you for sharing you pics of the beautiful morning glorys...i love them too..i think they will grow anywhere..for instance, i moved a year ago and had to leave most of my plants where i moved from...i surely missed my beautiful flowers but i thought i would get some more..well, to my surprise, this summer i had morning glorys growing up the side of my porch..i had moved the porch with me as i have a mobile home..apparently some of the seeds got stuck in the porch somewhere and fell to the ground and planted themselves...i was so i have lots of seeds that fell to the ground and i will have a hearty bloom again this year...i look forward to the purple morning glory greeting me when i open my door in the mornings...

For real? That made my day. Thanks for sharing. I'm in Ohio, too. I can't wait!

What a good idea. Did they actually grow roots so you could replant them?

Growing Morning Glory from Cuttings
Growing Morning Glory from Cuttings
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersMarch 9, 2009
Blue and pinkish purple morning glory blooms.
Getting Rid of Morning Glory
Morning Glory Growing Slowly
Cut Flowers
Displaying Cut Flowers
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings