Holly (Domestic Shorthair)

Holly is a 3 year old Domestic Shorthair. Holly likes to sleep and chase the two larger male cats that live with us. This is how we found her.

We pulled up to our old fishing cabin and two tiny kittens ran out of the weeds. They were dehydrated and starved. I went inside and opened a can of tuna and put it in a plastic bowl and fixed another bowl of water. I brought the food out and put it on the porch. The kittens crawled into the bowl and ate the tuna soooo fast. Then they started licking the crumbs off each other. The only thing that we had to carry them home in was an old trash can. So we put them in the trash can and loaded them into the car for the ride home.

The next morning I took them to the vet. After examining them, he stated that they were so malnourished and dehydrated that they wouldn't have lasted another day had we not found them. He gave them their shots and we brought them home to stay. Now both sisters, Holly and Val, live with us and our three other rescue cats, a mouse and a goldfish.

Those kittens were so young when we found them that I don't think they could have even been weaned. They have no idea that they are cats. I sincerely believe that they believe that they are just small furry humans!

By readingiggits from Tennessee

Thank you for your beautiful story about your wonderful rescue and the dear ones that live in your home.

Those two little girls were incredibly lucky when they ran out of the weeds that day and adopted such a wonderful family!

What a wonderful story. Aren't rescues the best?

She looks so content....not a worry in the world. I am so glad you found her and her sister!

Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

Photos Pets CatsAugust 12, 2009
Felt Holly Ornament
Making Felt Holly Ornaments
Exotic Shorthair Kitten
Exotic Shorthair - Breed Information and Photos
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower, Tiffany's gift box.
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower
German Shorthair Pointer
German Shorthair Pointer Breed Information and Photos