Dry Erase Problem

I used hairspray to clean my dry erase board, which didn't completely work, so I used vinegar and water and it came out clean and shiny. Now nothing erases. What's up?

By Glenda from Belleville, IL

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

January 20, 2010 Flag

I have a white board that was accidentally cleaned with TNT cleaning spray and it won't erase well anymore. Is there any way to correct this besides buying an entire new board?

Thank You.
Sara

Answers:

Dry Erase Problem

You might try cleaning the board with alcohol. That works for me when someone uses permanent marker on a white board. (02/03/2005)

By photogirl0604

Dry Erase Problem

I don't know how to clean it, but if nothing else works and you don't want to buy a new one, you can always cover it with white contact paper. You can make your own homemade dry erase boards that way also, any shape or size. Just apply the contact paper to any firm surface like cardboard, etc. (02/03/2005)

By Debbie

Dry Erase Problem

They just don't make them like they used to. I bought a brand new one and the first time we used it it wouldn't erase properly, so I cleaned it with WD-40 and now it wipes very easily. And if it starts sticking again, which takes a long while, then I just wipe it clean again with WD-40 and it's better than it was when it was new again. (02/03/2005)

By Barbie

Dry Erase Problem

We had the same thing happen at work. I bought some cleaner made just for dry erase boards, and after we washed it with that, it went back to normal. The cleaner can be found most anywhere that you can buy the boards. (02/04/2005)

By Jill

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJanuary 20, 2010
Dry Erase Markers
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Couch
Dry Erase Markers
Reviving Dry Erase Markers
birthday countdown tile
Making a Dry Erase Count Down Tile
Dry Erase Board
Reconditioning a Dry Erase Board
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:34:35 AM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.