Browsing: Cleaning Cat Spray

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Cat Spray

The odor of cat spray can be tough to get rid of. Properly removing the odor can also help prevent recurrences. This is a guide about cleaning cat spray.

Striped kitten with red collar.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 6, 2016 Flag

I have stray cats that visit my yard. They have gotten into my garden shed and sprayed on just about everything. Any suggestions how I can remove the odor?
Thank you.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 30, 2015 Flag

My 8 month old neutered cat just sprayed all over his own underbelly, tail, and the wooden porch in response to the presence of a tom cat! He is usually just inside and wants in, but there is no way at this point. He is smelly and you can smell it in the kitchen as the door comes into the kitchen area. He is very fiesty and it will be dangerious to try and bathe him. Any ideas?

By Colleen

There is a product called Citrus Magic Pet Odor Eliminator that you can use directly on your pet's coat and it is safe and natural. Works great.

If the cat is fixed. How is he spraying?

January 22, 2005 Flag

My cat is spraying on my front porch and along the side of the house. (I think to mark their territory) and the smell is making me sick. Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of this smell?

I have a neighbor cat that uses my front yard close to the door as a potty area. How can I stop this cat from using my yard?

I put pine cones in the garden area by the front door. This help all last year, will be adding a new layer in the spring

Do you understand mothballs are an EPA Violation? They are illegal for outdoor use. That you contaminate the ground, ground water, and air with a toxin that spreads. That it will not only kill the cats, but other wildlife.

July 5, 2009 Flag

How do you remove cat spray odor from sneakers?

By History Buff from Grahamsville, NY

Febreeze works wonders. If you have a Dollar General near you, the "Febreeze" generic they have works as well as the real one, I think. You may need to do once or twice.

We have had cats for years so I know what you are referring to here. I would suggest going to your nearest Pet Store (or perhaps even your cat's Vet office) and purchase what is made for this very thing.

Just tell the store clerk or the vets office what you are trying to do and they can and will help you. Please do not ever rub an animals nose in the mess that they have made AS this ruins their sense of smell permanently.

Your pet is your companion, treat it as you yourself would like to be treated. Our 5 cats are our furry children now that the children are married and moved away.

Please make an appointment with your vet to have your cat spade or neutered. This will help with them with marking off their territory by spraying. Your cat is just marking your shoes (or you or your smell) by spraying on them so others will know to stay away.

Let us know how "this" turns out for you both; we are after all "your on line family" and we do care for one another in what happens OR at least I do. Good Luck to you and your furry child both!

Malt vinegar works great

June 5, 2011 Flag

We went on holiday, putting our cat in the cattery but forgetting to lock the cat flap. A tom cat has been in the living room and sprayed it. Yuck! We've had some success with warm water and white vinegar, but does anyone have any other ideas, please? We'd be very grateful.

By Susan

I forgot to say as PIKKA stated Walmart has a relatively inexpensive enzyme odor product OR any near by pet shop OR vet shop would sell the stuff needed too. The sprayed areas will show up with the black light, then treat those areas with the odor enzyme product.

Vodka in a spray bottle and reapply as necessary.

I used straight venegar in area I saw my outdoor cat did in my chair! Worked right a way and so far I'm spraying it in area and its taken some when he sprays and I just smelled!

December 5, 2014 Flag

How can I get old cat spray out of my rug? It's a big rug for the middle of the floor.

By Linda

Hydrogen peroxide works wonders. Be sure to test on a small area first, then spray straight peroxide onto carpet to saturate. Let it dry completely...be patient! The odor won't disappear until it's completely dry. Stronger odors may take a second dose but I've used this method for years and it's never let me down. It doesn't leave a perfumy smell behind either like the expensive products you buy in the shops, no odor whatsoever.

November 7, 2014 Flag

What can I use to remove cat spray from vinyl siding? What can I do to have it not happen again?

By PGH

Cat spray can be washed from vinyl siding with just soap and water. When cat spray is on fabric or wood you need to use a bio-remediation product like rid-ex or similar product containing bacteria that eats the organic matter contained in the cat spray, turning it into carbon dioxide and water. See my prior posts on this issue. I have several posts on cat and dog urine removal. Let us know if simply washing the vinyl siding worked for you.

January 15, 2012 Flag

What is the best solution for cat spray odor in carpet?

By CP

Try a mixture of baking soda & white vinegar. Just sprinkle with dry baking soda 1st, let it soak up the spot, then sponge of with water & white vinegar mixed together.

Water/white vinegar spray, 50/50. Saturate area (vinegar odor will go away).

Try the Natures Miracle enzyme product. I use it all the time.

Load More
Pets Pet StainsSeptember 13, 2011
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Hair Spray Nozzle
Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 9:41:12 AM on 10.0.2.239 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.