Cleaning Area Where Cats Sprayed Inside

I have three male cats. They have sprayed different areas in my home. It smells! How can I find the right area? I want to clean it well! I just cannot see exactly where. Please help!

Best Answer

You have to break up the urea crystals. An excellent product is Nature's Miracle, made by Amazon. You need to saturate the area. It can take up to two weeks to break up the crystals. After two weeks, if it still smells, you missed a spot, and must apply again.

Best Answer

I had this problem before. Wash your carpet, if you have one, and all your walls with a vinegar and water solution. Then spray with Febreeze, the one for animal smells. Works really well to take the odor away.

Here is a few suggestions:

• Cat spray leaves a mark on the wall of your home. You will need to look at the walls and find the area that is streaked.
  • You can also watch the cats and see where they lift their tail and starts to shake their tail. This is a normal indication that the cat is getting ready to spray or is spraying.
  • Certain areas around your home will have a very strong order where the cat has sprayed. Clean these areas with a chemical cleaner to break up the urine smell and crystals.

• Some cats love to spray around doors or door sills. Look in these areas for discoloration.
  • Some cats will spray your furniture. Look there for marks or discoloration.
  • Male cats that aren't fixed will always spray in your home. Each one of them is marking their territory.
  • To stop this from happening you'll need to have all three of them fixed. Otherwise, they will continue to mark your home with their spray and it does smell.

Christie
As for finding the area sprayed by your cat(s), I use a black light. When you shine it around your walls, floors, etc., the areas with urine will like "fluoresce." It works really well. Sold over-the-counter in places like PetSmart. Maybe even Wal-Mart, or online. Hope this helps with your boys!
Lisa