Making Dip from Cheese Spread

I have a tub of Alouette garlic cheese spread and would like to take some of it and make it into a dip and/or salad dressing. Should I add sour cream and/or milk to make it creamy?

By Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

I would add sour cream a little at a time, maybe a tablespoon at a time and if it is still too thick, add a little milk. The only problem is diluting the cheese spread may decrease the flavor. I used Alouette garlic and herb cheese spread and made twice-baked potatoes with it and it was awesome. I just added a few tablespoons of the cheese spread to my mashed potatoes along with a little sour cream and grated cheddar cheese and it was really good. You may want to try that too.

I had some in an omelet and it was pretty good. I'm also going to try some in leftover mashed potatoes. Thanks, Mel!

Food and Recipes Recipes Dips & SpreadsNovember 17, 2009
Italian Dip
Italian Dip Recipes
Freezing Cheese Dip
Freezing Cheese Sauce and Dip
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
🎄
🍂