Keeping Foxes out of My Garden - Categories:

Small WildlifePest Control

Keeping Foxes out of My Garden

How do I keep foxes out of my garden?

Margaret

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I've been told that the smell of humans can keep foxes away. The easiest and cheapest way is to go to the barbers or hairdressers and ask for a bag of hair clippings. Put big handfuls of hair into old stocking/tights legs and hang them around your perimeter fence. The smell of people should keep them out. And quite possibly rabbits too! I hope that helps.

We have a 10ft trampoline in our garden with a safety net. This morning around 5 we saw foxes on our trampoline. One was clearly the boss because whenever another fox came on the trampoline it bit them and chased them off. When they were all off it actually jumped! It sounds ridicoulous but it's true. The foxes heard us laughing and one of us barked and they all ran off except the "boss" who tried to break out of the safety net at least 5 times. When it finally got off the trampoliine it hit it's leg on a bike. LOL!

Last night while my Lab/Shepherd mix lounged a few yards away, a young fox casually foraged in my strawberry patch. When the dog took chase, the fox finally left. Clearly, the odor or presence of a large dog doesn't work.

Home and Garden Pest Control Small WildlifeJuly 21, 2004
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Raccoon sitting in the garden near a flower pot.
Keeping Raccoons Out of Your Garden
Fox Terrier
Fox Terrier Breed Information and Photos
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 4:52:22 PM on 10.0.0.194 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.