Healing Pierced Ears With Hydrocortisone

I have tried everything to get my ears to heal up since I had them pierced about ten years ago. I could wear nothing but gold. I started putting 1% hydrocortisone on my ears and after just a few days my ears are completely healed and I can wear any earrings now. It works. Even the cheapie ones.

By Bonnie-Jean G.

You are probably allergic to the nickel content of the earrings or some other component of the metal. Even gold is not 100% pure in most gold earrings.

Cortisone is meant only for short term use. It is absorbed through the skin into your bloodstream and may accumulate over time. It also causes thinning of the skin.

Hope you can continue to wear earrings without further cortisone applications. I had to let mine close up.

Im like you I also have this problem an have for years. I shop at Dress Barn an have found that they carry the pierce earring without nickle an they are 'great".

Try http://www.simplywhispers.com for earrings that don't irritate. You can request a catalog from their website.

Another option...there are little plastic sleeves that you can slip over the metal posts on pierced earrings. (That way the plastic is touching your ear and not the metal. They are very thin.) Just look in the jewelry section of your favorite discount store or ask at an earrings botique.

even stores like Walmart have hypoallergenic earrings made without nickle. The simplywhispers brand is pretty pricy. Also Avon has hypoallergenic earrings too.

Young Girl with Heart Shaped Earrings
Caring for Newly Pierced Ears
Health & Beauty BeautyDecember 30, 2004
Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears
Chihuahua puppy
Puppy's Ears Aren't Standing Up
Woman Hugging Caregiver
Healing Advice
Tongue Pierced
Getting Your Tongue Pierced