Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Hard Water Spots from Refrigerator

How do I remove hard water spots from a refrigerator water tray?

By Ollie from Modesto

Here are the recent answer to this question.

11/26/2010

Pour vinegar over the spots and let soak about an hour. Use an old toothbrush to scrub the spots.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Hard Water Spots from Refrigerator

My mother-in-law has very hard water. She is unable to hook up her water softener to her fridge where she has water and ice on the door (a side by side). The whole back panel is loaded with white water spots that will not come off. Any ideas to get the spots off the black plastic?

Sandy from CT

RE: Removing Hard Water Spots from Refrigerator

We have what is known as scaling, which is little flakes of limestone, in our water, and we run white vinegar through our coffee pot every so often to clean it. This sounds like it might work for you. (11/18/2008)

By Inshane

I first microwave vinegar to make it warm and soak a sponge in it. That should work, it's what I do for my dishwasher and fish tank, we have well water, it is very hard. (11/18/2008)

By superwoman

If vinegar will not do the trick, try CLR. (11/19/2008)

By louel53

I use spray Lime-A-Way. Then wipe clean. It works great! (11/20/2008)

By shirleyamh