Removing Hard Water Spots from Refrigerator

How do I remove hard water spots from a refrigerator water tray?

By Ollie from Modesto

Answers

Pour vinegar over the spots and let soak about an hour. Use an old toothbrush to scrub the spots.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

November 21, 2010 Flag

My mother-in-law has very hard water. She is unable to hook up her water softener to her fridge where she has water and ice on the door (a side by side). The whole back panel is loaded with white water spots that will not come off. Any ideas to get the spots off the black plastic?

Sandy from CT

Answers:

We have what is known as scaling, which is little flakes of limestone, in our water, and we run white vinegar through our coffee pot every so often to clean it. This sounds like it might work for you. (11/18/2008)

By Inshane

I first microwave vinegar to make it warm and soak a sponge in it. That should work, it's what I do for my dishwasher and fish tank, we have well water, it is very hard. (11/18/2008)

By superwoman

If vinegar will not do the trick, try CLR. (11/19/2008)

By louel53

I use spray Lime-A-Way. Then wipe clean. It works great! (11/20/2008)

By shirleyamh

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesNovember 21, 2010
Kitchen With Granite Countertops
Removing Hard Water Spots on Granite Countertops
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 11, 2016 at 2:49:58 AM on 10.0.1.72 in 330 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.