Help With Vet Bills

My dog Penny, is a chi-doxie mix. She is having emergency surgery for a blocked intestine, as I am writing this. I'm waiting to hear if she is ok. She has been vomiting and not eating for 6 days. I have been to 3 vets to find out what is wrong. The charge for the services so far is $4000 and expected to increase if she makes it through the surgery.

Does anyone know a place I can apply for financial aid to help with the vet bills? I am disabled and low income. I am desperate. My car and home need repairs but I can't let my dog die without trying to save her. I don't know what to do. Thank you for any help you can give.

Joy from Visalia, CA

Your dog is just precious! I hope she pulls through! You are in my thoughts!

I'm sorry to hear you dog is very sick. I hope she is doing better now.

I think the best thing you can do is to try to work out something with your vet. Explain your circumstances and ask if he will accept a small amount each month or offer to do some work for his office to go towards paying down the debt.

As far as your house repairs go, I would contact the larger churches in your area and explain your situation and what specifically you need done to make your home livable. Organizations like these often have volunteers who mow lawns and make minor home repairs.

Your county or city social services department also may be able to assist you with daily living expenses, if you qualify. They also may be able to direct you to nonprofit agencies in your area that may be able to help you as well.

Your local phone directory has these telephone numbers and also may have a section that explains the kinds of services different government agencies offer.

Good luck, and don't give up! We're all rooting for you and Penny!

try I hope all is well with your baby.

Try the Brown Dog Foundation. A friend of mine got assistance for her vet bills through these people.

Good luck with the precious doggy.

I have no tip for you, but I'm so sorry to hear of the ordeal you are both going through. Hope the vet can save her!

Follow this link and scroll down to "Financial Help for Veterinary Expenses":

I am saying prayers for your adorable

sweet face baby. And for you to find

the help you need.

Hello Joy & Penny

There are supposed to be many organizations out there to help, try these:

some of the above may be able to recommend other places.

I believe that California was one of the states that offers many assistance programs....I sure hope so anyway.

Also, if you're a member of a Yahoo! Group-try doing a search there. The Dog Whisperer Fan Club did have some links for assistance.

I'll hold your Baby in my Prayers, and I hope you both can get some much needed assistance.

Just know you're not alone. I have 3 Babies (aka dogs) and I'm disabled with Lyme Disease-final stage-and we live (no, survive on $600.00 a month) with the Grace of God.

God's Blessings t both of you. Never, never give up!

Veterinarian taking a blood sample from a cat.
Finding a Veterinarian That Accepts Payments
Pets Dogs AdviceAugust 20, 2008
Folders labled Bills
Organizing Your Bills
Paying Bills on Time, Bills and Calculator
Paying Bills on Time
A woman paying her bills online.
Paying Bills Online
Ceiling Fan
Using Ceiling Fans Year Round