Finding a Veterinarian That Accepts Payments

Category Health
It is very stressful to have a pet in need of veterinary treatment and not have the cash for the visit. Finding a practice that will accept payments can be difficult. This is a guide about finding a veterinarian that accepts payments.

I need some vet help, but I can't afford any payments until next month and I'm not sure my dog will live that long without help. My dog got into the trash and I think he swallowed a bone so now he's bleeding out of his rectum.

I just got laid off my job and my unemployment barely covers my rent. I'm not sure I can take the heartbreak of my dog passing away. He's a good boy.

By Ken

Answers

Best Answer

Call your regular vet (or other vets listed in your area) and see if he/she can help, given the circumstances. I have found that it never hurts to ask, especially when it involves one of my family. Good luck and try!

Best Answer

Another mention about the Care Credit card. I applied the Humane Society I go to and had the card in less than 30 mins. You can apply online. Since your not working, perhaps someone can help you out with a co-signature if need be. Call you local humane society, perhaps can give some resources that can help you out. Your dog needs to be seen asap.

Best Answer

Go to humanesociety.org for a list of assistance programs.

For about 2 weeks my cat has one eye that is red and looks bad. I live in Hawley Pennsylvania and am trying to find a reasonable vet that would take payments. I do not have a credit card. Her eye is just getting worse. I don't know if she cut it some how or got into a fight with the other 3 cats; I have 6 all together but 2 of them are in my room so she didn't fight with them. I have done everything I could think of. It looks like she could lose it. I can't find a vet that will take payments so far. It not a virus otherwise the rest would have it. She was born in 2009 and it would kill me if something happened to her. We used to have a vet that came to our house, an older man with his wife. He used to be reasonable, but now he is way too much. He's retired, but does this to keep him going. If any of you kind people can help I would be so grateful. Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

Apply for a care credit card. You can use it for vet expenses with special financing. I'm not one for credit cards but this is one to have if you have pets. Has saved me and my dogs many times.

I need to find a vet that will work with me financially, my cat is very ill and I am a retired and on a low income.

By Alice J.

Answers

Best Answer

I am lucky that I have a vet that I have been taking my pets to for years. Because of this, I was able to get my cat taken care of by making monthly payments. I just asked if I could make payments and he said yes. However, in the front office it says payment required when service is rendered. So, if I were you and don't have a regular vet, I would let my fingers do the walking and go through the phone book and call every vet there is and ask them if they will take payments and explain that you are low income and your pet is sick. Good luck and God bless.

Best Answer

Have you tried calling around to the vets in your area asking for help? I did that and found one who helped me with my elderly Boxer. I cleaned kennels and walked boarding dogs to repay the vet for the discounted service, it was a real blessing to me and my old fellow.

Good luck, I hope you can find someone to help!

Best Answer

Check with your local animal shelter. They may know of programs that can help you.

I need to find a vet that will take a small payment now and let me pay off the remaining amount with monthly payments. I only have like 60 dollars now. My kitten has to be seen by someone or I am sure he will die. Please any information will be helpful at this point. Thanks

By latricia from Taylorsville, Utah

Answers

Best Answer

You'll have to call some veterinarians in your area and ask the same question.

Best Answer

Care Credit is a payment plan. It is interest-free for up to one year. You can use it not only for your vet, but it can be used for your own medical bills. www.carecredit.com.

I had a $5,000 vet bill, and this saved me. After one year, the interest will be charged at more than 25%, so you will have to manage those payments. Oh yes, the vet is the one who signed me up for this, at the office.

My dog broke her leg and I go to school full time and don't have money, so the vet wouldn't help me. They sent her home with broken leg what can I do?

By Laura

Answers

Best Answer

Your dog is in pain, needs help immediately and very few vets take time payments. You can call vets in your area for possible help, however, most vets require immediate payment in full. You can also try to find the needed money as a loan from family or friends and provide the help your dog needs now.

Best Answer

Check with your local humane society. They often know of dog rescues that may take your dog and get it medical care. There is a program called "care credit" that gives small loans that you pay back interest free. Most Vets know about it. They do have a web site also. If you are late on a payment you will be charged interest retroactively. Good luck.

My sister's dog needs a vet. He has something seriously wrong with him. His testicles are swollen. He has fluids coming from his back leg and the head to his penis is swollen to the size of a golf ball. She did take him to the vet's, but the vet diagnosed him with the wrong thing and gave him the wrong meds. The fluids come from his penis when he pees, so it is not just pee. My sister really needs to take him to a vet that will do payments cause he is a very good dog.

By Samantha

Answers

Best Answer

I don't know of any that do payments, but your dog needs to go to the vet regardless.

Took my 3 month old kitten to vet to find out she has a broken hip. She needs surgery that costs $900 or I can kill the kitten for $250. I don't have money for any of it. The only other option is to surrender her for $175 at the humane society. I don't have money for that either. It's life or death for her. I spent my rent and electronic money on her already. I won't have a home or electronic soon because of it, but I don't want to have to kill her myself because there's no vets that will do a payment plan. I can't get a credit card unfortunately I've tried, I've also tried go fund me account, and also tried petplan and care credit. I am trying everything I can just so she can keep her life. I'm at a loss.

Answers

Try www.rosesfund.org-you must file an application online.
Good Luck!

Look for a no-kill cat rescue in your area. Perhaps they will not require you to pay to surrender the cat.
Are you on Facebook? Can you reach out to your community for help through Facebook?

I have a 6 year old Pit. I just got her back from the SPCA and she has an ear infection. I'm on disability and I do not have any money right now to take her to the vet and with this all said and done. I know she needs to be seen so please if there's anyone that knows of a veterinarian who will take payments from a customer not having any credit or bad credit I promise with all my might with God on my side to pay back every penny. I just don't want to see my baby in pain .

By Collette

Answers

You will need to call around and see what different Vets will do. My Vet has a fund for just such issues. Check with your local humane society for low cost vet care. check with some local rescues, they often know about low cost vet care. Good luck.

First get established with a good vet and when you get a really large medical problem tell them you don't have the money but are willing to make payments - then tell them how much $$ those payments would be. It's been my experience that a good vet will go along with it if he really cares about the animals. A vet that won't help you out this way really is in it for the money not your pet. My experience has been it costs $1,000/year in Vet bills & flea killers so start putting $10/month aside now so you can have a fund for the Vets bills. Good Luck.

Load More