Finding a Veterinarian That Accepts Payments

Category Health
It is very stressful to have a pet in need of veterinary treatment and not have the cash for the visit. Finding a practice that will accept payments can be difficult. This is a guide about finding a veterinarian that accepts payments.

I need some vet help, but I can't afford any payments until next month and I'm not sure my dog will live that long without help. My dog got into the trash and I think he swallowed a bone so now he's bleeding out of his rectum.

I just got laid off my job and my unemployment barely covers my rent. I'm not sure I can take the heartbreak of my dog passing away. He's a good boy.

By Ken

Answers

Best Answer

Call your regular vet (or other vets listed in your area) and see if he/she can help, given the circumstances. I have found that it never hurts to ask, especially when it involves one of my family. Good luck and try!

Best Answer

Another mention about the Care Credit card. I applied the Humane Society I go to and had the card in less than 30 mins. You can apply online. Since your not working, perhaps someone can help you out with a co-signature if need be. Call you local humane society, perhaps can give some resources that can help you out. Your dog needs to be seen asap.

Best Answer

Go to humanesociety.org for a list of assistance programs.

For about 2 weeks my cat has one eye that is red and looks bad. I live in Hawley Pennsylvania and am trying to find a reasonable vet that would take payments. I do not have a credit card. Her eye is just getting worse. I don't know if she cut it some how or got into a fight with the other 3 cats; I have 6 all together but 2 of them are in my room so she didn't fight with them. I have done everything I could think of. It looks like she could lose it. I can't find a vet that will take payments so far. It not a virus otherwise the rest would have it. She was born in 2009 and it would kill me if something happened to her. We used to have a vet that came to our house, an older man with his wife. He used to be reasonable, but now he is way too much. He's retired, but does this to keep him going. If any of you kind people can help I would be so grateful. Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

Apply for a care credit card. You can use it for vet expenses with special financing. I'm not one for credit cards but this is one to have if you have pets. Has saved me and my dogs many times.

I need to find a vet that will work with me financially, my cat is very ill and I am a retired and on a low income.

By Alice J.

Answers

Best Answer

I am lucky that I have a vet that I have been taking my pets to for years. Because of this, I was able to get my cat taken care of by making monthly payments. I just asked if I could make payments and he said yes. However, in the front office it says payment required when service is rendered. So, if I were you and don't have a regular vet, I would let my fingers do the walking and go through the phone book and call every vet there is and ask them if they will take payments and explain that you are low income and your pet is sick. Good luck and God bless.

Best Answer

Have you tried calling around to the vets in your area asking for help? I did that and found one who helped me with my elderly Boxer. I cleaned kennels and walked boarding dogs to repay the vet for the discounted service, it was a real blessing to me and my old fellow.

Good luck, I hope you can find someone to help!

Best Answer

Check with your local animal shelter. They may know of programs that can help you.

I need to find a vet that will take a small payment now and let me pay off the remaining amount with monthly payments. I only have like 60 dollars now. My kitten has to be seen by someone or I am sure he will die. Please any information will be helpful at this point. Thanks

By Latricia from Taylorsville, Utah

Answers

Best Answer

You'll have to call some veterinarians in your area and ask the same question.

Best Answer

Care Credit is a payment plan. It is interest-free for up to one year. You can use it not only for your vet, but it can be used for your own medical bills. www.carecredit.com. I had a $5,000 vet bill, and this saved me. After one year, the interest will be charged at more than 25%, so you will have to manage those payments. Oh yes, the vet is the one who signed me up for this, at the office.

My dog broke her leg and I go to school full time and don't have money, so the vet wouldn't help me. They sent her home with broken leg what can I do?

By Laura

Answers

Best Answer

Your dog is in pain, needs help immediately and very few vets take time payments. You can call vets in your area for possible help, however, most vets require immediate payment in full. You can also try to find the needed money as a loan from family or friends and provide the help your dog needs now.

Best Answer

Check with your local humane society. They often know of dog rescues that may take your dog and get it medical care. There is a program called "care credit" that gives small loans that you pay back interest free. Most Vets know about it. They do have a web site also. If you are late on a payment you will be charged interest retroactively. Good luck.

I need help for kitten with broken leg. The owner cannot afford the 3600.00 quoted. Any ideas?

My sister's dog needs a vet. He has something seriously wrong with him. His testicles are swollen. He has fluids coming from his back leg and the head to his penis is swollen to the size of a golf ball. She did take him to the vet's, but the vet diagnosed him with the wrong thing and gave him the wrong meds. The fluids come from his penis when he pees, so it is not just pee. My sister really needs to take him to a vet that will do payments cause he is a very good dog.

By Samantha

Answers

Best Answer

I don't know of any that do payments, but your dog needs to go to the vet regardless.

My boyfriend's dog got ahold of my little kitty today and now she has her jaw broken and needs surgery. I can't afford it and don't want to lose her or for her to live unhappy with her mouth always open if it heals by itself. The vet said it would cost up to 1000.00 at the most, but I could barely afford her bill today. Help please.

By Raquel

Answers

Best Answer

Contact your local Humane Society. The website for our local Humane Society lists several clinics that provide emergency services. Contact the clinics to see if any can work with you to discount fee or offer payments. The Humane Society site also has contact information for 5 local groups that provide financial aid for a pet's medical service. Hopefully your local Humane Society can help. It is very important that you get a broken jaw dealt with right away!!

I have a puppy who cut her leg really bad and with the holiday I have no money. She needs to see the vet badly. I have four babies that love her; she is family. Can someone please help me with any information.

My dog Penny, is a chi-doxie mix. She is having emergency surgery for a blocked intestine, as I am writing this. I'm waiting to hear if she is ok. She has been vomiting and not eating for 6 days. I have been to 3 vets to find out what is wrong. The charge for the services so far is $4000 and expected to increase if she makes it through the surgery.

Does anyone know a place I can apply for financial aid to help with the vet bills? I am disabled and low income. I am desperate. My car and home need repairs but I can't let my dog die without trying to save her. I don't know what to do. Thank you for any help you can give.

Joy from Visalia, CA

Answers

Your dog is just precious! I hope she pulls through! You are in my thoughts!

I'm sorry to hear you dog is very sick. I hope she is doing better now.

I think the best thing you can do is to try to work out something with your vet. Explain your circumstances and ask if he will accept a small amount each month or offer to do some work for his office to go towards paying down the debt.

As far as your house repairs go, I would contact the larger churches in your area and explain your situation and what specifically you need done to make your home livable. Organizations like these often have volunteers who mow lawns and make minor home repairs.

Your county or city social services department also may be able to assist you with daily living expenses, if you qualify. They also may be able to direct you to nonprofit agencies in your area that may be able to help you as well.

Your local phone directory has these telephone numbers and also may have a section that explains the kinds of services different government agencies offer.

Good luck, and don't give up! We're all rooting for you and Penny!

try carecredit.com I hope all is well with your baby.

Try the Brown Dog Foundation. A friend of mine got assistance for her vet bills through these people.

Good luck with the precious doggy.

I have no tip for you, but I'm so sorry to hear of the ordeal you are both going through. Hope the vet can save her!

Follow this link and scroll down to "Financial Help for Veterinary Expenses": http://www.colu … .org/library.asp

I am saying prayers for your adorable
sweet face baby. And for you to find
the help you need.

Hello Joy & Penny

There are supposed to be many organizations out there to help, try these:
1-866-4helpets
imom.org
AAHAhelpingpets.org
some of the above may be able to recommend other places.
I believe that California was one of the states that offers many assistance programs....I sure hope so anyway.
Also, if you're a member of a Yahoo! Group-try doing a search there. The Dog Whisperer Fan Club did have some links for assistance.
I'll hold your Baby in my Prayers, and I hope you both can get some much needed assistance.
Just know you're not alone. I have 3 Babies (aka dogs) and I'm disabled with Lyme Disease-final stage-and we live (no, survive on $600.00 a month) with the Grace of God.
God's Blessings t both of you. Never, never give up!

My cat Smokey is a 4 year old male and we had him fixed about 2 years ago. Smokey has been puking after he eats and it's been going on for almost 2 weeks. I really can't afford medical treatment for him and I was hoping you could recommend a vet that will take monthly payments.

By Joanne C

Answers

Ask friends and neighbors if they know of a Vet that takes payments. Then try calling Vets and telling them about your situation. You could offer to work in exchange for treatment. Try calling animal rescue groups, sometimes they can help. In the future set aside a small amount monthly for Vet. bills. They are inevitable. Good luck.

I am looking for a vet to bring my friend to. She is an 11 years old female dog. I also am needing this vet to let me make payments. I live in Canyon County area.

I need to find a vet that will accept payment plans in my area. The zip is 92882 in Corona, California. My dog is pooping blood. Please help.

By Vanesa

I have a 6 - 8 year old female Dachshund, she is the love of our lives and is in need of help. She has a large growth that has rapidly grown in the past month on her stomach and it's frightening to see. I'm afraid of it bursting by the size of it. I have looked around and every place keeps telling me she isn't worth the trouble to get fixed or the payment is way too high for my mediocre budget. I don't want to loose her over this and with how in pain she is, I'm afraid for her life. I don't want to get her put down neither.

I am unemployed and disabled, it's rough seeing her in this condition. So my question is: Does anyone know of a vet in Stockton, California who will provide services for a very small amount of cash during the first visit. I am willing to make payments, but they won't be much until I get my disability checks each month.

By Brittney B.

I need a vet clinic in Tulsa OK that won't have to have cash up front.

Took my 3 month old kitten to vet to find out she has a broken hip. She needs surgery that costs $900 or I can kill the kitten for $250. I don't have money for any of it. The only other option is to surrender her for $175 at the humane society. I don't have money for that either. It's life or death for her. I spent my rent and electronic money on her already. I won't have a home or electronic soon because of it, but I don't want to have to kill her myself because there's no vets that will do a payment plan. I can't get a credit card unfortunately I've tried, I've also tried go fund me account, and also tried petplan and care credit. I am trying everything I can just so she can keep her life. I'm at a loss.

I have a 6 year old Pit. I just got her back from the SPCA and she has an ear infection. I'm on disability and I do not have any money right now to take her to the vet and with this all said and done. I know she needs to be seen so please if there's anyone that knows of a veterinarian who will take payments from a customer not having any credit or bad credit I promise with all my might with God on my side to pay back every penny. I just don't want to see my baby in pain .

By Collette

Answers

You will need to call around and see what different Vets will do. My Vet has a fund for just such issues. Check with your local humane society for low cost vet care. check with some local rescues, they often know about low cost vet care. Good luck.

First get established with a good vet and when you get a really large medical problem tell them you don't have the money but are willing to make payments - then tell them how much $$ those payments would be. It's been my experience that a good vet will go along with it if he really cares about the animals. A vet that won't help you out this way really is in it for the money not your pet. My experience has been it costs $1,000/year in Vet bills & flea killers so start putting $10/month aside now so you can have a fund for the Vets bills. Good Luck.

At the moment we are in receipt of Council Tax benefit (support), but because of earning about 20 pound a month too much we will soon not be eligible. We are still only making ends meet and the fact that we were eligible for PDSA treatment for a cat we took off the street may end soon. He is 23 and has an on going heart condition which means he needs medication every day to stay alive. I just won't be able to afford, not only the medication, but also the vet bills. Never will I be able to afford all at once. I've tried getting insurance, but he was either too old or the on going heart condition makes it impossible to get him one. My question is where can I pay monthly to get treatment when necessary for my cat?

By Rachel-Leigh from Plymouth

Answers

Hi Rachel. Plymouth is an especially caring area of England and you will be able to find help at any of the local cat charities there. There are so many in your area that I am posting the link to the search results instead of just to one or two of the charities.

http://www.goog … s+in+plymouth+uk

Call in or telephone them to see what programmes they can offer.

I think the only one I might avoid if I were in your situation would be the RSPCA (across the UK they are losing their formerly excellent reputation and it looks as though it might be for good reason. Your results in Devon may be different though, so give that some thought).

I hope things work out for you and yours. That universal credit benefit switch is causing no end of headaches for people from Cornwall to John 'O Groats. £20 is an awfully slim margin to be used to cut or take away people's benefits, I'm so sorry for your troubles!

From your post, I gather you live in England. I can't help with advice about a vet there, but I do want to offer some advice about your cat. I say this with all care and kindness. Please think seriously about putting the cat down. I know that is a hard decision, but the cat is quite elderly and has a life-threatening medical condition. Also, from a practical point, you have already stated that you can no longer afford its care. This really would be the best thing for your cat companion. I wish you well with this situation.

My puppy is in need of care. I think she has an ear infection and she stumbles when she walks. I think something is wrong with her back leg, too. I don't have money, but I can make monthly payments.

Claty

Answers

Call several Vets and ask about payment plans. Most have something called care credit that spreads payments over time. It does not charge interest. But you need to have your dog seen ASAP. Ear infection can affect the inner ear and destroy the balance mechanism. When it is affected it is a life sentence for the animal. It cannot be cured.

Get to a Vet now or take the dog to the humane society. You will have to surrender him but he will be treated. Some humane societies will treat you dog without surrendering him for a reduced rate. You will need to call and ask. But whatever you do, do it now. Good luck to you.

I'm taking care of a Doberman with 10, four week old puppies. I think she has a urinary tract infection. She is beginning to pee in her sleep and drinks volumes of water. She needs to be seen asap, but I don't get paid until the 21st of this month. Can anyone offer up any advice? I have no credit, and cannot get any. I can pay on the 21st.

My beautiful German Shepherd, Raquel, is 3yrs old. She has heartworms and the treatments are so expensive; I can't afford it. Does anyone know of a veterinarian that accepts payment plans? If anyone has any information, please share with me.

I live outside of Highlands, right outside of Houston, Texas.

My cat is in need of good, quality veterinary care. I just started a new job, and had a rescue group helping me for awhile with her medical care and expenses. Unfortunately, I would like to get her seen again as soon as possible. My cat, Gizmo, for more than a few months, has had really foul smelling stools, sometimes mixed with mucous and blood. She is avoiding her litter pan, but is always going in one of five or six places (with up to 10 to 15 stools a day).

Now before anyone claims I am neglecting her, she was "examined" by a low cost vet at a local shelter who told me it was her food, more aptly, the dyes in the food. They did no tests and no real exam. Unfortunately, this is the only vet that the rescue group will pay for.

I applied for care credit and was declined due to never having had a credit card and having one outstanding bill that I plan on paying off when I get a check that can actually go toward paying it off (Gizmo comes first). The rest is from my own medical expenses and should be off my credit report by now, but aren't. I was covered by Medicaid at the time of treatment and never received a bill for any of it. I'm still fighting that battle.

Unfortunately, I don't get issued a check until the 20 or 21 of May and I am just tired of seeing her suffer because no one wants to do their jobs.

It's not that I cannot afford her, she is an integral part of my own mental health care and is technically a service animal even though she isn't certified as such. Criticizing a disabled person for having a service animal is wrong so long as they have the resources that would ordinarily assist in caring for said animal. It's just I am having problems finding a vet that will provide quality care without having to wait 10 or 12 days longer, until I get my first paycheck.

I know that Bancroft Animal Hospital has a program for a free first visit, but it doesn't cover tests and medications, nor does it cover vaccines (she had her shots in February).

One of the things I do plan to do for her is get her a health insurance plan to help cover costs in the future.

Please, if someone can help us, I'd appreciate it, more for Gizmo than myself.

A Cat Owner in Wilmington, DE

I live in the North Jersey area. My family's 12 yr old Cocker Spaniel is in need of an operation to remove his bladder stones. My parents are both elderly, with medical issues, and my dad has been out of work for a few months time so things are a little tight.

Our vet is estimating the surgery at $2700-3400. We have about 2200 to put down, but are looking for a vet that will work out a payment plan for the remaining balance. We applied for Care Credit but were denied. I am in the process of applying for grants and assistance from a bunch of organizations, but was wondering if anyone knew of any vets in the area that offer payment programs so that we can get this surgery done ASAP, as my poor sweet boy is really suffering.

I am in need of a veterinarian who will accept payments. I am in the Albany, Lebanon, Corvallis, Oregon area. Is there any place that can help me?

My dog has bad teeth, he needs to be put out. Some need to be pulled and the rest cleaned. The cheapest I was quoted was around 250.00. I can't afford it and my credit is not good at all. Are there any vets that would take it in 3 or 4 payments. He is not feeling good a lot and I am very concerned. Please help. I have a job and checking account and can arrange them to take it out automatically on certain paydates once a month.

By Leanne

Where can I get a payment plan for Bell, my Pit Bull? She got run over a week ago and her right front foot is messed up badly and I can't pay a bill all at one time. What can I do?

By Chris from Kellyton, AL

I have a 6 year old Pug and I first started noticing him acting strangely about 3 days ago. He has been extremely needy and tonight when I got home from work, I went to pick him up and he started continuously yelping.

I started to rub him all over to find out where he is hurting. It seems like it is his front under the chest and his right under belly area. Any ideas? I need to take him to the vet, but can't afford it at this time and it's killing me. He is barely eating or drinking and he holds his body strangely when he walks.

By Morgan

Answers

Take him to the vet! Your dog may be dying. First, take him to any emergency vet and beg them to admit him. Then go borrow money from friends, relatives- anybody.

If this doesn't work, unfortunately you may have to relinquish the dog to the Humane Society to get care. You won't get your dog back. They will adopt it to someone who is in a better position to care for it. On the up side, your dog will probably live.

I know you can't afford vet care, and that's very sad, but what's going to happen the next time, or the time after that when he needs care? Will you be able to afford it then? I know you didn't plan for this to happen, but do you have a plan for when your dog needs to go to the vet again? All dogs require vet care. Can you continue to care for your dog?

You may have to ask yourself some hard questions, but first you must get help for your dog now.

I was holding my puppy and he jumped out of my hands his leg is broken he can't put any weight on it. I don't have any money and I need to take him in; I need payment plans.

By Margaret M from Albuquerque NM

Answers

Dont delay taking your puppy in. The leg needs to be set immediately, or it may not heal properly. Call some local Vets and see who will take payments. Many do. You can also call local dog rescues or your local humane society.

I have a friend whose puppy seems to have parvo. The friend is on assistance and needs help. This poor little puppy is running out of time.

By Debra from Kalamazoo, MI

I have a dog that has a large growth on his back leg and a small growth on the outer eye that is still growing. My vet said it was $500 and I had to pay. I am on Social Security and I need to find a vet that will let me make payments.

By marykay

Answers

Most Vets have "Care Credit" a payment system that spreads payments over time but does not charge interest if you pay on time. Call around and find one who has it.

My dog acts like he's having allergies to something. He's scratching his face and licking his nose constantly. He is also licking around his bum area. I only have 50 dollars, but I can make every two week payments. I can even set it up so that the payment can be debited out. Please help me. I'm so scared.

By Sandra from Maywood, IL

Answers

Many Vets have a credit program called Care Credit. It charges no interest unless you miss a payment. I believe you can set it up to automatically debit your account. It doesn't sound like your dog has a serious problem and I would guess your trip to a Vet would not be too expensive.

Be sure and tell then that you have only so much to spend and they should tell you of all possibilities in advance. You can then choose to have a treatment or not. Call a few Vets and ask how they handle this payment situation. I just tell them up front that I am poor and they are always willing to work things out. Some have funds for owners who have difficulty paying. It is a very common problem. good luck to you.

Load More