Finding a Vet that Takes Payments

For about 2 weeks my cat has one eye that is red and looks bad. I live in Hawley Pennsylvania and am trying to find a reasonable vet that would take payments. I do not have a credit card. Her eye is just getting worse. I don't know if she cut it some how or got into a fight with the other 3 cats; I have 6 all together but 2 of them are in my room so she didn't fight with them. I have done everything I could think of. It looks like she could lose it. I can't find a vet that will take payments so far. It not a virus otherwise the rest would have it. She was born in 2009 and it would kill me if something happened to her. We used to have a vet that came to our house, an older man with his wife. He used to be reasonable, but now he is way too much. He's retired, but does this to keep him going. If any of you kind people can help I would be so grateful. Thank you.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Apply for a care credit card. You can use it for vet expenses with special financing. I'm not one for credit cards but this is one to have if you have pets. Has saved me and my dogs many times.

This is a good answer.

not everyone will qualify for this card ...80 percent of the people that apply for this card get denied...I applied and have fair credit...it took 5 minutes to find out DENIED ...27 percent interest rate...used homeopathic medicines and they work,this is what the vet does not want you to know...it is a business, they put on the friendly front so they can get your business,but all they want is your money

My dog needs to see a vet but I won't have the money until my taxes come back at the end of this month. Can you please help me out?

Anonymous

My boyfriend and I applied for one, and got denied.

What's the address to apply for a credit card for our min pincher dog

Veterinarians devote many years, high education costs and go into debt, for training in college and medical school. They then must pay for their clinics, staff, etc., and they also have to live and pay their expenses like the rest of us. So, there are very few "low-cost" vets. If you can't afford veterinarian care for your pet, then you can't afford a pet.

If you were ill or had an accident, you would expect immediate medical care and would probably pay for some or most of it yourself. I suggest you find a way to provide medical treatment now for your pet. The longer you wait the more difficult and expensive the problem will be. Your friend is suffering and needs help now.

Anonymous

What if the person was able to care for their pet but unfortunately lost their job and can no longer take fare of their pet? Were they supposed to know this would happen and not get a pet at all? Im sorry but dr's also pay big money to go to school and some of them have their own practice so Im sure they also have to pay for the facility and pay for their employees. So does that also meam they should turn a person down because they cant afford to he seen hy a dr?

I think the pet is still better off in a loving home that cannot afford Emergency care then having no home or stuck in a cage or euthanized

Your comparing Apple's and oranges.unfortunately you can't purchase health insurance for a pet. If you could I'm sure half the U.S would. You shouldn't have to choose to help your pet or have a roof over your head.

Judgemental answer, hope your job is secure and you never are in that situation

I think you are rude and insensitive to say "if you can't afford vet care you can't afford a pet". Who are you to say something like that to someone you don't even know? You don't know the circumstances surrounding the reason why I can't afford vet care and it's really none of your business.

You have no business answering people's questions because you are not really trying to help

Yes because people predict that their pets will be be hit by a car, or develope cancer, or get bit and contract rabies and what about the parvo virus? People dont expect for these things to happen but they do. If people go to the hospital and need emergency surgery they get it wether they have insurance or not and have the time the bills wont be paid if they have no insurance. Pets are apart of the family for many and they are taken care of taken to the vet for vaccines and check up but you cant predict an accident or a vet service that cost more than your rent or car payment. So instead of being an @**hole why dont you actually give advise and help.

I feel that's really rude to tell someone who truly loves their animac that if they can't afford they can't have it. You don't know one persons situation from the next so it's really rude to say something like to someone who is already upset.

I hope your not a vet or Dr because you have horrible bedside manners.

Yes you can purchase pet health insurance, but half the US does not have it. Nowhere near half. You can also purchase care credit cards that you use to pay for vet help. You pay off the card monthly just like a regular card.

Anonymous

If you can't afford veterinarian care for your pet, then you can't afford a pet. what kind of answer is that

You took the words right out of my mouth

i guess you've never had unseen circumstances come up in your life. don't be so rude

I will never get a care credit card they turned down a cat that needed to have emergency surgery to live, only 3 years old, If that was your child, how would you like to a doctor say , no money no surgery.