Fluffy and Fancy Pants

contest winner icon

Fluffy and Fancy Pants are 1-1/2 years old and are part Maine Coon.

Their mom was giving birth to them and her last litter of kittens was foaming at the mouth and getting upset (she got pregnant right after giving birth) so her owner dropped them off at our neighbor's house across the street immediately after they were born. I was home during the day and my husband was off of work on an injury so he and I (along with our teenage boys) helped care for them. We couldn't resist taking the two of them home. (We would have taken all 8 if we could!)

Fluffy likes to chase bottle cap rings and fancy likes to chase anything. We always say that she's "Miss Proper" and he is just a "Special Kitty"

Fancy gets in these moods where he acts like a big baby and has to knead in my hair. He even takes out the pony tail holders just to get at my hair. Fluffy doesn't talk or cry just opens her mouth so Fancy does all of the talking for her. Also, each one of them picked a child to call their own. When our 17 year-old comes home, Fancy stops what he is doing to be with him. When the 16 year old comes home, Fluffy runs right to him and hangs out with him most of the time.

By Renee from Slatedale, PA

Anonymous

when you stated that these cats are part Maine coon. What do you mean? Raccoon?

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Hi,

Maine Coon is a breed of cat. They are especially large and have distinctive markings. They may be descended from domestic cats and bobcats but are considered a breed now. Here's a link for a breeder so you can see what they look like:

http://www.verismocat.com/

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I love this out of the ordinary picture.It's so cute and made me laugh. It sort of has a message about being different,yet having the same interest.There are so many captions you could use.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

How funny! They look they are nosey and rosey checking the outside world. Cute! Especially the way

the tails are fanned out.

Reply Like this photo? Yes