Recipe for Korean Beef Stirfry Over Rice With Egg Omelet On Top (Bulgogi)

A friend of mine brought home a Korean dish recipe. It was pronounced Pagogie, I am sure that is not the correct spelling. It consisted of stirfried beef, soy sauce, potatoes, onions, brown sugar, and almost any thing else you wanted to add, without overpowering it. It is served over a bed of rice (naturally) and topped with an egg omelet. I can't remember exactly how it was done. I have tried to make it, but doesn't come out right. If any knows this dish, I would like to hear from you.

Jacksprat

By Jack from Pensacola, FL

Editor's Note: The correct name is "Bulgogi", a Korean beef dish.

It's called Bulgogi. Here's a recipe I've used for it that turns out great:

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/bulgogi-korean-barbecued-beef/Detail.aspx

I was going to say the same thing- Bulgogi, absolutely delicious. My Dad was stationed in Korea an learned how to make it on a hibachi.

It is Bulgogi but I've never had it topped with an egg. Usually it's simply served over rice with Kimchi on the side. Yum! It is indeed a tasty dish! You can easily just go ahead and top it with a fried egg cooked to your liking. If you Google 'Stirfry Bulgogi' you'll find oodles of recipes for it.

I have the recipe somewhere in my paper recipe notebooks but couldn't find it just now with a quick search but when I do I'll share it with you. It was the recipe a boyfriend of mine, when I was in my 20's, mom made all the time. She was Korean and he was born to her in Korea by an American soldier during the Korean war. Anyway, it's an authentic recipe so will try to find it for you and send it via personal message.

Hi, I ran across this recipe for what you are looking for. Here is the link for the recipe:

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/beef-bulgogi/Detail.aspx

Copy and paste if link doesn't work.

Dona

Everyone is right, it's Korean Bulgogi; A friend let me taste some more than ten years ago, which she had gotten from what we thought was a Chinese carry-out. Enter the computer age, and several things were against me in searching for the recipe-I thought it was Chinses cuisine, and my friend had pronounced it 'beef bull-cokey'! Didn't find out til last year the correct pronunciation and spelling, but it was worth the wait! If you google it you will find many recipes for it and a chicken version. Bon Apetit!

Just wanted to let you know to check your messages in the message center here at ThriftyFun because I found the recipe I spoke of earlier here and sent it to you. :-)

beef stir fry
Beef Stir Fry Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes InternationalFebruary 16, 2011
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Photo of an omelet.
Omelet Recipes
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
🎉
🎄