Spicy Ginger Beef with Tofu
Ground beef and tofu in a spicy ginger sauce is delicious whether you are recovering from a cold or just looking for a scrumptious meal. Serve over rice if desired. The complete recipe and ingredients list follows.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a wonderful ginger-packed meal that's filled with protein from beef and tofu. My mum used to make this for us when we had colds and we were tired of eating soup. The ginger was soothing, and the spiciness helped with sinus congestion. This is great on a bed of rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2-3 tsp chili sauce like Sriracha
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 ounces tofu, cubed
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tbsp water
- Add a bit of oil to a large pan and place over medium-high heat. Cook onions, garlic, ginger, and chili sauce for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Turn heat to high. Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add scallions and water. Cook for a few minutes, scraping the bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cubed tofu, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Stir and allow to cook a couple minutes until tofu is heated through.
- Drizzle in the cornstarch dissolved in water. Stir well until thickened. Remove from heat and serve.