Make Your Own Deodorant

To make deodorant, mix 1 cup cornstarch and 1 cup baking soda. Add 1 Tablespoon coconut oil. Stir and add more cornstarch or oil until it is the consistency of silly putty. Then cram the mixture in your old deodorant container and refrigerate for about one hour.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

Can I ask "why"? I try to use all organic products and have done research found nothing wrong with deodorant effecting your body. Except in cases where people (boys) weren't cleaning themselves correctly.

It's 2 for a 1.00 if you don't want the clinical strength. If you do, I find it but one get one free. I use about 2 a year. Is this safer? I wondered if it was due to some fact I wasn't aware of? Thank you for letting me know. I always want to be informed.

Organic, better for you or saving money. There are uses for it. I have some, also men's is cheaper. Still this is more costly then I spend, brings up my curiosity. Thank you so much!

Why? Easy. :-) It works better for some of us. I used commercial deodorants for close to half a century. Expensive, cheap, you name it. But I could still smell what to me was offensive underarm odor soon after bathing and applying it. I read an article on making your own and I thought I would try it. I love it! No odors, ever! The down side is that it is not as firm as commercial deodorant. I keep mine in a container in the bathroom and apply with finger tips. Plus it has no aluminum in it. And that is definitely safer.

Commercial deoderants make my armpits blister and smell terrible - this doesn't.

Homemade Deodorant with Ribbon Wrapped Around it
Making Homemade Deodorant
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes DeodorantAugust 12, 2010
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Man Using Deodorant
Using Deodorant
Photo of a stick of Sure deodorant.
Removing Deodorant Stains on Clothing
Deodorant Stains
Removing Deodorant Stains From a Sweater
🎉
🎄