Pasta Salad is Too Dry

I use Dreamfield Pasta for macaroni salad and it is very dry no matter what I do. I even cook pasta for 8 minutes, then let it soak in cold water for 10 minutes so it won't absorb as much liquid (my mom's secret). Does someone have a juicy recipe for the dressing? Is the Dreamfield the problem?

By Joan

I've never used Dreamfields, so I don't know if their pasta soaks up the dressing more than others. But I don't like dry pasta salad, so I always make sure I make extra dressing. It always looks like too much when I mix the dressing and pasta together, but the next day it's just right.

I wonder what would happen if you added extra liquid to your dressing to make it more fluid. Depending on the dressing, you could add maybe a little extra milk or vinegar to thin it down a bit.

Perhaps it's worth experimenting with a half-recipe. Best of luck, I hope you find a solution to your dry pasta salad!

Pasta soaks up liquids, so I add lots of Italian dressing and it improves the flavor also.

Use a dressing with olive oil as an ingredient or add a little olive oil to your dressing. That should solve your problem. Pasta doesn't absorb oil, but it does absorb water.

Pasta Salad with Ham on Table
Pasta Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesJuly 16, 2010
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Linguini Salad
Linguini Salad Recipes
Two colors of frozen ravioli.
Freezing Cooked Pasta