Pasta Salad is Too Dry

I use Dreamfield Pasta for macaroni salad and it is very dry no matter what I do. I even cook pasta for 8 minutes, then let it soak in cold water for 10 minutes so it won't absorb as much liquid (my mom's secret). Does someone have a juicy recipe for the dressing? Is the Dreamfield the problem?

By Joan

I've never used Dreamfields, so I don't know if their pasta soaks up the dressing more than others. But I don't like dry pasta salad, so I always make sure I make extra dressing. It always looks like too much when I mix the dressing and pasta together, but the next day it's just right.

I wonder what would happen if you added extra liquid to your dressing to make it more fluid. Depending on the dressing, you could add maybe a little extra milk or vinegar to thin it down a bit.

Perhaps it's worth experimenting with a half-recipe. Best of luck, I hope you find a solution to your dry pasta salad!

Pasta soaks up liquids, so I add lots of Italian dressing and it improves the flavor also.

Use a dressing with olive oil as an ingredient or add a little olive oil to your dressing. That should solve your problem. Pasta doesn't absorb oil, but it does absorb water.