Adding Tea Tree Oil to Hand Soap

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can add tea tree oil to any handsoap? And if so, how much and what kind of soap is best? Or is there a good hand or body soap already made using tree tea oil?

Nailfanatic from Poteau, OK

I wouldn't see a reason why you couldn't use tea tree oil in liquid hand soap. I use 10 drops in baby shampoo for washing the dogs with, thats about 20 ounce bottle. so one drop for every two ounces of fluid would work.

wwwaloetherapy.com sells a Aloe and Tree Tea Face and Body scrub soap. Very good for Acne skin. Only costs around 12 dollars a jar.""

Trader Joe's has some tea tree oil products (soaps, shampoos, etc.) at really decent prices.

Have you heard of Melalueca? The primary ingredient in their hand soap, laundry soap, dish soap, pet shampoo, pharmacueticals, etc. is Tea tree oil. We've been using their products for years and they work great! I'd love to tell you more about it if you are interested. send a reply to ms_laura_jean at yahoo dot com

I ADD ABOUT A TABLESPOON TO MY CHEAP SUAVE CLARIFYING SHAMPOO AND ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT TO MY GENERIC LIQUID HANDSOAP. I BUY THE TEA TREE OIL AT WAL-MART. I LOVE THE CLEAN SMELL.

Yes you can add it just like you'd add any other essential oil - I think the standard am't is around 1 tsp. or so per pint???

I use straight tea tree EO on bites, cuts, blemishes, w/ no ill effects & have very sensitive skin.Just keep it away from eyes!

& keep it away from cats as well - it will make them very sick.

I have been making my own for years since I saw on the bottle "contains 2% melaleuca..." So for 200 ml I add 4 ml tea tree oil.If you put more than about 2% the liqiud soap breaks down all runny, honey

In American I would say [...just goes to check with syringe and teaspoon....]

1 3/4 teaspoons of oil to 1 cup of soap eg Johnson Baby soap

Alberto Vo5 has a Tea Tree Oil Shampoo and Conditioner out on the market. I've found them both at Walmart and at Family Dollar store. Some of the bottles currently have coupons attached to the bottles, for .25 cents off 1 bottle, & it doesn't expire till 6/30/06 & can be doubled, if allowed in your area. It sure helps my scalp when it gets itchy.

Castille Soap with Tea Tree Oil already mixed in

I make my own shampoo and body wash and add tea tree oil. I also make my own cleaning solution - tea tree oil added to it. It's a good disinfectant. You can certainly add a few drops of tea tree oil to anything. My son is an amputee and he sweats and get yeast infections under the prosthetic leg. I gave him a water/tea tree spray - problem solved. So yes, you can add it to any kind of liquid soap. Why buy soap with tea tree oil in it? Buy a bottle of TTO - it's inexpensive and will last you a long time.

Tea Tree Oil
Uses for Tea Tree Oil
Health & Beauty AdviceOctober 19, 2005
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Tea Tree Oil
Using Tea Tree Oil for Dogs
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄