Mash Eggs for Egg Salad

My husband loves egg salad. I hated the chopping of the eggs. So I took my potato masher, the one that has all the holes, and mash them. It only takes a minute and all the egg pieces are the same size. I add a little garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt and dill. I throw in some mayo and mix it all up. Chill it and enjoy.

By Nancy

I luv egg salad too. I use my egg slicer to do the chopping. place egg in slicer and slice, then pick up sliced egg and turn the other way and slice again. this cuts the slices into small uniform pieces. my hubby hates lumps in his egg salad. give it a try! i also add about a tblspoon of sweet pickle relish, not a lot just a little to enhance.

I use my pastry cutter. The utensil that you use to cut shortening and flour together to make a pie. It really works great. Fast and Easy!

I use my mini food processer to chop my eggs for egg salad and for the eggs for potato salad. It is handy for making any spread for sandwiches. Even if I had a big one I would have a small one too just for this kind of job.

I put my eggs in my food processor...pulse it till its the consistency you like. I also add my seasonings at the same time to mix them really well. I do this for my deviled eggs too with the yolks.

I grate mine using a cheese grater, you can do it corse or fine depending on your mood.

Great idea! Try adding a little mustard. Gives it a "deviled egg kick".

Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsJune 23, 2008
Chef Salad
Chef Salad Recipes
Sandwich With Soft Boiled Eggs
Recipes Using Boiled Eggs
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
Egg Salad
Making Egg Salad
🎉
🎄