Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Remedies for Varicose Veins

Three years ago I really whacked the inside of my left leg on a table. A vein in that leg swelled from the ankle to the abdomen. It went away pretty quickly but a few months later a cluster of varicose veins developed on the inside of my thigh just above the knee (this is where I hit it).

It doesn't hurt but it's so ugly. Does anyone know what would make them go away? I'd prefer an herbal/natural cure. Thanks for any help.

Curious Cat from Hampton Roads, VA

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Nguyet Howard03/11/2010

I've tried a line of essential oils applied topically and it has been helpful in reducing many of my spider veins. It takes some time, but you will see a difference. The areas with a large cluster of spider veins did not respond too well, but then again the sclerotherapy solution did not affect them much either. The line is called Healing Natural Oils at amoils.com.
Good luck.

By shantz (Guest Post)12/27/2008

How do you use the molasses?

By Cajun [55]08/14/2008

Bromelain: reduces risk of blood clot formations.
Butcher's Broom: effective for burning and itching.
Cayenne" relieves pain and inflammation; dilates blood vessels (reduces stress on capillaries).
Hawthorn: strengthens fragile veins; increases tone of muscles supporting veins.

Horse Chestnut: relieves swelling and inflammation and makes capillaries more elastic.
Grapeseed or Pine Bark extract: improves vein strength & flexibility.
White Oak Bark: helps stimulate blood flow.
Witch hazel: increases tone of veins and 'shrinks' varicose veins.
Niacin (Vit. B3) dilates blood vessels.
When sitting, DO NOT cross your legs!
Elevate your feet as often as possible. 1/2 -1 tspn in 1/2 cup of water; 3xday

08/11/2008

Do you drink the Molasses or put it on the veins? Where does one purchase it?

By mbwright120 (Guest Post)08/11/2008

Blackstrap Mollases (I used the one with sulfur in it and my hair also went to salt & PEPPER not WHITE. Also, no more bad veins of any sort. Mary

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Remedies for Varicose Veins

Does anyone have advice to share on saving money while successfully treating spider and varicose veins? The saline injection treatments are very expensive - $200 each - and I usually need about five of them! I'm going to call the MD to see if I can get a discount on multiple treatments.

Adding to the expense is that the treatments sometimes don't work and have to be repeated! I'm interested in anything that you've found (injections or laser, nutritional supplements) that actually works! I hate spending big money to little or no effect!

Thanks!
Fluff from Baltimore

RE: Remedies for Varicose Veins

Horse Chestnut and potassium are very good for this problem. (04/05/2007)

By kate

RE: Remedies for Varicose Veins

On HSN.com. Andrew Lessman has a product called "Circulation and Vein Support for Healthy Legs with Diosmin" The item # is 901-453 several sizes you can choose to try. I like his products a lot. (04/12/2007)

By minymont