African Beef Curry
- 1 lb. beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- hot cooked rice
- raisins, chopped salted peanuts, and flaked coconut (optional)
In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice. Garnish with raisins, peanuts, and coconut if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
|Time:||15 Minutes Preparation Time|
1 1/2 Hours Cooking Time
Source: Taste of Home
By LRP from LWL, MA
September 29, 20100 found this helpful
Sounds different and interesting! I will definitely give this a try! Thanks for sharing.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 17, 2016 at 1:19:59 PM on 10.0.2.112 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us