Curry Beef with Rice Recipe
Curry beef is a delicious meal that goes well with rice and other side dishes. This guide contains acurry beef with rice recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Enjoy this curried beef with your favorite rice.
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lb cubed beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- coconut oil (for sautéing)
- 2 inch piece ginger root, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 2 cups broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- Cut beef in 1/2 cubes. Brown beef in large pot and set aside.
- In same pot use coconut oil to saute' chopped onion.
- Add to pot curry powder (mix your own, it's better), tomato paste, minced ginger root and minced garlic. Cook and stir for five minutes.
- Cut up potato and add to pot along with broth (beef or chicken). Bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook for 35 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Placed cooked rice in the bottom of bowl. Add beef curry and enjoy.
October 4, 20160 found this helpful
Looks Good! Is it spicy though
on a scale 1[not at all]
to 10 [Call the Fire Department]
October 5, 20160 found this helpful
Yes it is spicy -but that's the beauty of curry. On the scale of 1 - 10 it would be a six, however the coconut milk calms the palate of any burn as does the rice.
Mmmmm I want some now.