Craft: Chopsticks Diffuser Jar

Someone asked a question as a recent TF Craft request about ideas for reusing chop sticks. I came up with an idea and figure I might as well also submit it as a recycle tip.

If the chopsticks are porous and non-coated wood ones you can place them in a jar or vase and add diffuser oil to use them the same way as a reed diffuser. A jar or vase with a smaller opening at the top would be better because it would keep the diffuser oil from evaporating as quickly.

The picture here is a simple, non-fancified example to show you and I don't have any diffuser oil on hand so used water instead. ;-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

All you need is a cute bow around your jar to add to the decor. Thanks for the idea!!

Very good idea. One question : where do you get "diffusor" oil. Is it different from "essential" oil that you get at health food stores? Thank you.

Good thinking!

Tthat's a really bright idea! Saves from $10 & up in costs. I have a couple of them so know that's what they can cost.

Thanks, great tip. I'm gonna try it!

I get the oil from Target, but the refill ones that come in a plastic container without the reeds, it's so much cheaper! I think it cost me about $2-3 and I've had it for about six months now and whoever walks into my place asks "what's that great smell?!"

By far, it lasts the longest and has an amazing strong delicious aroma. I use the sandalwood :)

Reed diffuser and violets.
Homemade Reed Diffusers
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsAugust 25, 2009
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
beaded lid
Crafts Using Jar Lids
Kitchen Uses for Chopsticks
Kitchen Uses for Chopsticks
🎉
🎄