Barbecue Wine and Chicken

I recently did beer can chicken on the barbecue. Now I would like to do it again using wine instead of beer. Has anyone tried it? White wine or red wine?

Sharon from Canada

Red wine, the heartier the better. Try rubbing the chicken with garlic, and using chianti.

Hey, Sharon..... Sure you can. Just fill a soda or beer can with whichever wine you like (red or white) and go for it. You can also use apple juice, lemonaide, almost any liquid. I know that white wine used to be used for fish, and red wine for meat, but I don't think that holds true anymore. Just use what you have.

We have found it doesn't matter what liquid you use, the chicken will be moist. We once tried orange soda. It gave it a slightly orange flavor, but not enough for anyone to know if they hadn't seen us use it. I would imagine you could use either wine, but I wonder if it is the fizz (in beer and pop) that helps. As the can heats up, the fizz boils over to "baste" the chicken. Give it a try, I doubt it would hurt it any.

Use red wine, the heartier the better. Try rubbing the chicken with garlic, and using chianti.

I wouldn't use an expensive wine as you won't get the flavor anyway. We just did one today using cheap red wine and seasoning the outside of the chicken with spices, garlic, lemon pepper, salt, pepper whatever my husband grabbed and grilled it with apple wood chips for smoke flavor and it was fantastic. We have done these with lots of different liquids and never have we tasted any of the liquid flavors, they just make the meat very moist.

Barbecue Chicken
Barbecue Chicken Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes PoultryAugust 19, 2006
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄