Beaded Bracelets

Category Beadwork
A popular jewelry craft project is the making of beaded bracelets. They can be simple or complex. This is a guide about beaded bracelets.

This is my second part of my gift ideas for Christmas! Jewelry style! Have you checked out my earring craft idea? Well, add a bracelet for a really nice surprise. I will teach you in 10 or less easy steps how to make $25 dollars spread throughout your family and friends for this holiday season. Thanks and please come back to check out my handmade necklaces. And if you haven't please take a look at my earrings!

Approximate Time: 1-3 hours

Instructions:

Please lay out all of your supplies in front of you. Get a feel of your colors and the pattern that you are trying to make. Each bracelet will need: 10 eye pins, 5-10 seed beads 3-5 glass beads, spacers (all depending on pattern or style) and a clasp. Take your first eye pin and add your beads in the order you please. Leave room, because you will be folding the end into a loop.

After you add your beads, take another eye pin and place the eye pin side down onto the first eye pin. The pin should fall onto the beads. Take your pliers and carefully bend it into a hoop, loop type deal. Repeat this ten times in the order you would like to see your bracelet. You can get you supplies from Micheal's or Joann Fabric. To learn how to make the earrings, please check out my Beaded Drop Earrings: Craft Project: Beaded Drop Earrings

By Cathy from Bay Area, CA

For anyone looking for detailed instructions for how to make jewelry, try: http://www.beadage.net/index.html

Great tutorials. It is free and does not generate any spam!

Beaded Bracelets

Mismatched or left over beads from other projects can be gathered together to make a unique piece. This is a guide about misfits beaded bracelets.

Personalize this easy bracelet how-to. Use your imagination and these instructions to fit your preference, making a style all your own that will be based on your choice of beads. Perhaps use classy glass beads, casual plastics, earthy clay/wooden beads, colorful polymer, etc.

For all ages to wear, maybe even as a collar for especially calm pets, too. Can be a fun party craft.

Approximate Time: 10 minutes (or less)

• 20-gauge wire
  • toggle or another type of clasp
  • beads (make sure the holes are big enough to fit the wire)
  • pliers (to twist the ends secure)
  • wire-cutter

Instructions:

1. After gathering materials, use the wire cutters to cut the wire measuring a desired length for your bracelet from the wire including about 2 inches to ensure there will be enough wire to attach clasp pieces.

2. At one end of the wire, string one part of the toggle (or other type of) clasp about a half-inch from the same end.

3. Using the pliers, fold the end of the wire to make a small tear-shaped loop with a few millimeters parallel to the wire on the other side of the clasp part. Clamp the end to the wire with pliers and twist together tightly a few times to secure the clasp.

4. If you like, decide on a pattern for your beads. (A random design is fun, too.) Make sure the holes of the beads on the ends or on all of the bracelet are big enough to cover and protect the twisted wire's ends.

5. String beads on the wire to make a bracelet. Make sure the beads are snug next to each other, making sure that the first end is covered and to prepare the other end to be covered, too.

6. Add the remaining part of the clasp and cut excess wire (if any), leaving as little wire as necessary to twist closed. Repeat steps 2 and 3. If applicable, cut even more excess wire off if you used less than expected. Slide beads over the twisted end. Both wire ends should be twisted tight enough (as in close enough to the rest of the wire) that beads can slide around a little (such as 1-3 millimeters) and still cover the pointy wire ends.

Present finished bead work as a gift or wear this handmade "secret-treasure" because the secret is how easy it was to make it.

Pictured is my beautiful 2-year-old daughter with her Beady Bracelet on that she was so happy to receive. When she gets a little older, she can do the toggle clasp on her bracelet herself, developing fine motor skills and a sense of accomplishment. That is, if hers now still fits then. If it doesn't fit, it's so inexpensive I can make her another.

By Erin R. from Seffner, FL

Beaded Bracelets

I absolutely love making beaded bracelets. I bead in a quiet and peaceful place where I get plenty of inspiration. All the bracelets I made in the photo were done deep in the forest on our 20 acres of solitude in the Sierra foothills. First I pick a color theme and then let my imagination go a little crazy. Your bracelet can be as simple as one or two choices of beads on an elastic strand, or more complicated if you are making your bracelet as a gift for someone special. Let your imagination go to work and peace will surely follow.

By Karen from Davis, CA