Beaded Bracelets

This is my second part of my gift ideas for Christmas! Jewelry style! Have you checked out my earring craft idea? Well, add a bracelet for a really nice surprise. I will teach you in 10 or less easy steps how to make $25 dollars spread throughout your family and friends for this holiday season. Thanks and please come back to check out my handmade necklaces. And if you haven't please take a look at my earrings!

Approximate Time: 1-3 hours

• needle/eye pins findings
  • 50 grams of mixed color seed beads
  • 50 grams of glass beads
  • 50 spacers
  • 25 clasps
  • pliers

Instructions:

Please lay out all of your supplies in front of you. Get a feel of your colors and the pattern that you are trying to make. Each bracelet will need: 10 eye pins, 5-10 seed beads 3-5 glass beads, spacers (all depending on pattern or style) and a clasp. Take your first eye pin and add your beads in the order you please. Leave room, because you will be folding the end into a loop.

After you add your beads, take another eye pin and place the eye pin side down onto the first eye pin. The pin should fall onto the beads. Take your pliers and carefully bend it into a hoop, loop type deal. Repeat this ten times in the order you would like to see your bracelet. You can get you supplies from Micheal's or Joann Fabric. To learn how to make the earrings, please check out my Beaded Drop Earrings: Craft Project: Beaded Drop Earrings

By Cathy from Bay Area, CA

they are lovelly, and i like how you have displayed them.

Your bracelets are beautiful!

Yes, they are very pretty, but when I looked at the picture I thought this was going to be about making a bracelet/necklace holder from what you have.

I also love the idea of doing your craft in a peaceful setting. I have been looking for something to take the edge off my day, and this might be something I could take up. Thanks for sharing this with everybody!

Love them...how do we get them! LOL

Your beads are beautiful. I also make beaded jewelry and also make my own beads from paper...it is a quiet, peaceful craft and lets your imagination reign.Love how you have them displayed too.

Really beautiful work! I make my bracelets in bed holding the beads in an unbreakable bowl on my lap. Lately I've been adding unused earings on them. I keep them in a pile on my dresser and pick them at random for the workday I face. Londa

These are beautiful but I was looking for step by step instructions. I love having the pictures so I can make sure I am doing it right.

For anyone looking for detailed instructions for how to make jewelry, try: http://www.beadage.net/index.html

Great tutorials. It is free and does not generate any spam!

They're very pretty, but I don't understand this part of the directions: "After you add your beads, take another eye pin and place the eye pin side down onto the first eye pin. The pin should fall onto the beads. Take your pliers and carefully bend it into a hoop, loop type deal." Doesn't each eye pin have to have it's end bent into a loop, otherwise the beads will fall off? I don't follow what putting another eye pin "eye pin side down onto the first eye pin" does. It doesn't sound like they are connected in any way. It sounds like you are putting one pin through the beads on one end and another through the same beads from the other end, in which case there is nothing to connect the pins to each other. Wouldn't this pull apart?

December 17, 2010 Flag
I design jewelry; I found that I've ended up with several mis-matched, double-holed bracelet segments in the bottom of my "trove." One lazy Sunday afternoon, I made this from those misfits, and it is now my very favorite bracelet/anklet in my collection!

Approximate Time: 20 minutes

• 2 1/2 feet nylon-coated, twisted cable (Tiger Tail)
  • 11 double-holed bracelet segments
  • 4 crimp covers
  • 1 lobster-claw clasp
  • 2 ring-shaped toggle clasp
  • 1 crescent-shaped double to single connector
  • 24 same-colored, small glass beads
  • needle-nose pliers
  • snips
  • 4 crimp tubes
  • 1 small split ring

Instructions:

1. Snip Tiger Tail into two equal sections.

2. On one end of both sections of Tiger Tail, place a crimp tube about 1 inch from its end.

3. On one end of both sections, pass Tiger Tail through hole of both round-shaped toggle clasps; double back through into the crimp tube.

4. Using your pliers, pull the end that's been twice-passed through the crimp tube taut, so that it rests snugly against the toggle clasp.

5. Using pliers to compress crimp tube, thereby securing Tiger Tail to toggle clasp (should NOT slip if squeezed enough; do NOT squeeze too hard or the crimp tube will split and you will have to start over).

6. String a colored, round glass bead onto both of the parts; make sure the double-back Tiger Tail also goes through all added components until it disappears to the single strand of Tiger Tail.

7. Pass one string through the bottom hole of your first double-holed bracelet segment, and the other string through the top hole (should lay flat on your work surface).

8. Alternate glass beads and bracelet segments in the same fashion as described in steps # 6 and # 7.

9. When you reach the end of your design, again string one crimp tube onto each string.

10. Pass end of each string through their respective hole of the crescent-shaped, single-to-double connector.

11. Double back each string into their respective crimp tube, much like you did in step # 3.

12. Pull taut against the connector and compress crimp tubes; snip off ends of Tiger Tail so that they're flush and inconspicuous.

13. Open split ring and pass through single hole of connector to the hole of the lobster-claw clasp.

14. Close split ring with pliers.

15. Finish piece by slipping the four crimp covers, one over each compressed crimp tube; close covers gently to keep the round shape of the crimp cover (should look like another bead, for a professionally-finished look).

16. Pat yourself on the back for a job well-done!

By Brianna from Dutch Harbor, Alaska

Answers:

Craft Project: Beaded Bracelets

Love this idea for using up leftover/mismatched beads! (12/16/2010)

By tmcarthur57

November 14, 2010 Flag
Personalize this easy bracelet how-to. Use your imagination and these instructions to fit your preference, making a style all your own that will be based on your choice of beads. Perhaps use classy glass beads, casual plastics, earthy clay/wooden beads, colorful polymer, etc.

For all ages to wear, maybe even as a collar for especially calm pets, too. Can be a fun party craft.

Approximate Time: 10 minutes (or less)

• 20-gauge wire
  • toggle or another type of clasp
  • beads (make sure the holes are big enough to fit the wire)
  • pliers (to twist the ends secure)
  • wire-cutter

Instructions:

1. After gathering materials, use the wire cutters to cut the wire measuring a desired length for your bracelet from the wire including about 2 inches to ensure there will be enough wire to attach clasp pieces.

2. At one end of the wire, string one part of the toggle (or other type of) clasp about a half-inch from the same end.

3. Using the pliers, fold the end of the wire to make a small tear-shaped loop with a few millimeters parallel to the wire on the other side of the clasp part. Clamp the end to the wire with pliers and twist together tightly a few times to secure the clasp.

4. If you like, decide on a pattern for your beads. (A random design is fun, too.) Make sure the holes of the beads on the ends or on all of the bracelet are big enough to cover and protect the twisted wire's ends.

5. String beads on the wire to make a bracelet. Make sure the beads are snug next to each other, making sure that the first end is covered and to prepare the other end to be covered, too.

6. Add the remaining part of the clasp and cut excess wire (if any), leaving as little wire as necessary to twist closed. Repeat steps 2 and 3. If applicable, cut even more excess wire off if you used less than expected. Slide beads over the twisted end. Both wire ends should be twisted tight enough (as in close enough to the rest of the wire) that beads can slide around a little (such as 1-3 millimeters) and still cover the pointy wire ends.

Present finished bead work as a gift or wear this handmade "secret-treasure" because the secret is how easy it was to make it.

Pictured is my beautiful 2-year-old daughter with her Beady Bracelet on that she was so happy to receive. When she gets a little older, she can do the toggle clasp on her bracelet herself, developing fine motor skills and a sense of accomplishment. That is, if hers now still fits then. If it doesn't fit, it's so inexpensive I can make her another.

By Erin R. from Seffner, FL

KidBrace2.300x276.jpg

April 23, 2010 Flag

I absolutely LOVE making beaded bracelets. I bead in a quiet and peaceful place where I get plenty of inspiration.

Making a Bead Bracelet
Bracelet Craft Ideas
Crafts BeadworkDecember 17, 2010
Beaded Necklaces
Making a Beaded Necklace
Making a Beaded Poinsettia
Making a Beaded Poinsettia
Kandi Cuff Bracelet
Making a Kandi Cuff Bracelet
Beaded Cross
Making a Beaded Cross
🎄