Free Computer Training for Senior Citizens

I am a senior citizen and have a deep interest in participating in various types of computer based training opportunities. I need this training to be offered free of cost by some social institute whether government or NGO. Does anyone have a suggestion where I can look?

By CK Mehta

A good place to start is your senior centers if you have them where you live.

Another option is a willing teenager.I was an early senior when I really started learning.

Good luck and enjoy, Keeper

Many states offer free college courses for senior citizens. I've enclosed a link to a site that lists information for senior education for each state:

http://www.seni  ioreducation.htm

I was in my late forties when I took a two year secretarial course, but any job I had after that didn't allow me to do anything other than data entry, which is basically typing.

Back when I took that secretarial course, computers didn't even have a mouse, and the programs were a lot different, too. I got my first computer about 12 years ago and that was one that I got at a pawn shop. However, what I know now on a computer is what I have taught myself. I am now 71 years old, and am fairly computer literate, all self taught.

I have a girlfriend who just got her first computer last winter, and she hasn't had any up to date training either, and every once in awhile she will call me up and say "guess what I just figured out how to do."

If you have any grand children they cna probably help you out, too. The only time I ask my grandchildren for help is if I have a problem with various of the more modern computer things. For basic computing, you should be able to teach yourself.

A lot of community colleges have those types of programs. You should find your nearest community college and ask around about it.

Try your local library.

There is a site I use all the time and I am 70. She's called the Computer Lady. Check her out at eboston@gwi.net. Or Goggle "Computer Lady". Her name is Elizabeth Boston and she puts it in terms that are easy to understand. Sign up with her to get her lessons. She has really helped me.

Check with your local library. I know our library has computer classes in various subjects. There is a senior class that has yearly fee and other computer classes that are free to anyone, including the seniors. they have computers that you use so it is a hands on experience. But check with your local library is my suggestion. Good luck.

You can ge3t an online course for Word Perfect here http://www.webm  ingcourses.shtml

Excel is on one of these two sites:

http://www.ozgr  /basic-index.htm

http://www.comp  aining/excel.htm

All three of these sites are free.

Better Living Senior LivingAugust 3, 2011
Seniors Luncheon
Seniors' Luncheon Ideas
Two elderly women playing dominos.
Nursing Home Games Ideas
Senior Woman eating lunch after shopping
Saving Money as a Senior Citizen
A grandma smiling while using her tablet computer.
Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 1:44:56 PM on 10.0.0.76 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.