Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Latex Paint Stain on Jeans

We were painting our walls when we were moving and my daughter got white paint all over her new jeans. Is there anything I can do to save her jeans? I thought about dyeing them. Please help.

By Trina from Richmond, VA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Parker01/28/2011

I had a black pair of skinny jeans that had about 4 spots of white (very) on it. A couple of spots were from the entire paint brush as well. All I did was spray shout triple acting onto all the spots, rub it in, wash it in cold water. Took it out of the wash, and the paint was gone. The paint had been dried on there for about 8 or 9 hours before it caught my eye. Maybe i got lucky? I don't kno, haha, but it worked for me! :)

By Kelsie [1]11/04/2010

Use rubbing alcohol and scrub, scrub, scrub! Works like a charm. :)

By Louise B. [4]08/18/2010

Dye will not affect the latex paint. If this paint is dry, I think you might be stuck with it, but you could try the products that others suggest. If those don't work, and the spot is only in one or two places, could you apply some decorative patches or embroidery?

By Monica [239]08/18/2010

If nothing you've tried is working, you might try Zout. It can be purchased in Safeway stores. Wal Mart did carry it in the past, but in our area, it no longer does. I had a pr. of jeans that had dried paint on them. The dried paint had been there for years. I treated it with Zout more than once and allowed it to sit for a time. Each time I treated the fabric, I took a toothbrush I use for the laundry and scrubbed the stain remover into the paint. Every bit of the paint came off! I did have to wash the jeans twice and scrub with the toothbrush, but I was very impressed! I hope it works for you.

By Noella [9]08/18/2010

I believe rubbing alcohol works.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Latex Paint Spilled on Blue Jeans

My husband spilled some latex paint and it got on my blue jeans. i soaked them in cold water, I blotted. i tried stain remover. I am keeping them wet because I know heat can set the stain more. I'm letting them air dry. I did everything I knew to do, can you help me?

Sweethoney

Answers:

Goof Off

Latex paint will come out with soap and warm water. If it is dry, you can get it out with GOOF OFF , then wash with soap and water until it is clean, do not dry in dryer until it is gone. That will set it in for good.
Jill

Post by(/font) (userlink:thr570178)ScotFinn(/userlink)

Stiff Scrubbing Brush

Did you scrub them? Just get a stiff scrubbing brush, any detergent/soap and scrub and rinse until gone.

Regards

Jo

Post by(/font) (userlink:thr112548)Jo Bodey(/userlink)

Rubbing Alcohol

I know this is strange, but my daughter did this to her favorite pair of jeans and she got the paint out with rubbing alcohol. We tried all the above and none worked. I let my daughter work on a pair of my jeans and it worked and didn't do any damage to the jeans. That's how we learn by trying new things.
Good luck,
Wanda

Post by Wanda (Guest Post)(/font)

Rubbing Alcohol

I used the rubbing alcohol and the paint came out great. It was a pair of newer jeans. Thanks so much!!

Post by Kelly (Guest Post)(/font)

Fixing a Bleached Spot

I have tried this before & it works. I had a white bleach spot on a pair of my blue jeans. I got an blue ink pen & filled in the spot. You couldn't even tell it was ever there. I guess it makes sense that the ink would stay there, since it ALWAYS does, when we DON'T want it to. (lol) I think it would probably work on covering up your paint spot, too.

Post by(/font) (userlink:thr312938)FrugalFriend(/userlink)

Rubbing Alcohol Worked for Me

I read this after moving a paint can before all the drips were dry and getting latex all over my favorite nylon shorts. Tried the rubbing alcohol. VOILA! Like magic they spots came out. Now I'm trying it on a t-shirt I thought I ruined by painting in it, not as easy... stain is set; I'm saturating it in the rubbing alcohol and letting it sit. If it works, I'll report back. Thanks for the tip it saved me having to replace my shorts!

Post by Suezq (Guest Post)(/font)

I helped my boyfriend paint his room and before I knew it I had stained my newest and favorite pair of jeans. I was devastated and even considered cutting them and making them capris but your advice really helped, it completely came off. Thanks a million, you saved my jeans.

<p>By didi.</p>

Archive: Removing Latex Paint from Blue Jeans

Request:

How do I get latex paint off of blue jeans. I tried several different cleaners but still have some on them.

Ginnylee from CA

Answers:

RE: Removing Latex Paint from Blue Jeans

Have you tried using a stiff wire brush?

Post by(/font) (userlink:thr179454)chickybiker(/userlink)

I put cold water on them, then get a dull butter knife and rub away. It worked good for me.

Post by David(/font)

Archive: Latex Paint Stain on Jeans

How do I remove latex paint from jeans?

Annie from Juneau, AK

RE: Latex Paint Stain on Jeans

I got white paint on my jean skirt and tried rubbing alcohol and it worked! No discoloration or fading. (05/25/2008)

By Jennifer

Using Rubbing Alcohol to Remove Latex Paint Stain on Jeans

This really works! I thought my favorite jeans were ruined. My mom suggest I get some product at a hardware store. I had spilled latex paint on my jeans seven days ago. I was desperate to find an alternate solution so that I could wash my jeans. I would have never thought to use rubbing alcohol. I found it easier to apply and remove the paint with an old tooth brush. Thank you so much for sharing the tip. (06/13/2009)

By WiFun