Remedy For Tape Worms

Is there a home remedy for a puppy that has a tape worm?

By teetee from north Ft Myers, FL

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Diatomaceous Earth, MUST BE FOOD GRADE for intestinal worms. Do not use garden or pool grade diatomaceous earth as it has poisons in it. Feed and seed store usually carries it or order on the internet. Inexpensive. Effective. Not a poison. Sprinkle over food and intestinal worms are eliminated. Easy and dosage can be every day for awhile. Dosage not critical. Not a poison. An effective natural product. Small dogs/cats 1/4 teaspoon a day. Adjust as to size. Many benefits. Check internet. Use as a blessing. Puppies are born with roundworms. Tapeworms come from fleas. Eliminate fleas with dry 20 mule team borax in carpets. Read my previous posts on pet health. Puppy love is the beginning of a best friend.

Best Answer

Hello, I am sorry to tell you that there is not an over the counter medication to treat your pet for tapeworms. I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years. Please take a fecal sample to your Vet and have them check the sample for any parasites. There may be more than tapeworms. Good luck.

Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is all we ever use. Just be sure you're buying the Food Grade one.

We sprinkled it into our carpets as well and left it for a couple of weeks, just to be sure to kill any other parasites and fleas that could be there.

We use it on little kittens, puppies, and when we had pet chickens, they were given DE in their food every day as well.

This is something that pet owners should never be without. Since it is not a poison, you may use it freely indoors and outdoors on bedding, all food dishes and nesting areas.

Good Luck to you.

Pookarina

Answer

I have tape worms in my dogs. There is a mixture of things to make tape worm medicine. I have lost the recipe. I know you use fish medicine in it. Can anyone help me?

By Shelbie from Forest, LA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Tradewinds for Dogs is the best medicine for tapeworms It is over the counter. Also, there is safeguard for dogs and puppies, but it only treats the type of tapeworms that come from eating rodents and animals, and not the more commo type that comes from the pet ingesting fleas.

Tradewind is the best and you can find it at drsfosersmith.com...or at feed supply store. Sometimes you can find it at stores but not usually.

http://pet-supplies.drsfostersmith. ... nt=0&subtotal=0.00&division=

For roundworms and such I use Nemex and have been very happy with it as well. The Nemex will get them all but not the tapes.

Read More Answers...

Does anyone know of home remedies for tapeworms?

By JR from Angola, IN

Answers:

Remedy For Tape Worms

Are you referring to humans or animals? http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec17/ch196/ch196p.html (11/08/2009)

By MCW

Remedy For Tape Worms

For kids and pets, you need to give them the treatment the vet or doctor prescribes. But for adult humans you can first try eating lots of cayenne and other hot peppers in and on your food before going the way of the drugs. The worms hate hot pepper for obvious reasons. That's one reason why you'll see people that live in high parasite areas (like Thailand, Southeast Asia, India, and South America) eating lots of hot and spicy things. Hot peppers can really bother your stomach so make sure that you eat it with food. Cayenne is a mild stimulant, so don't take it right before bed time!

My kids pediatrician volunteered in Thailand and he said that over two-thirds of the people that live there have parasites (like worms)! *Yikes!* My vet said that tape worms can be contagious. Don't let pets up on your kitchen counters where your food is prepared! (11/08/2009)

By Cyinda

Remedy For Tape Worms

I really wouldn't go there, as the drugs make it hard enough. Pop for the money on this one - it's awful enough and lethal enough to mess around with home remedies. (11/10/2009)

By damaged05170

Remedy For Tape Worms

I have worked for a veterinarian for over 27 years. There is not a home remedy for tapeworms. Tapeworms are caused by your cat/dog ingesting a flea egg. Please take your fur baby to his vet for a pill/injection of Droncit. Good luck. (11/11/2009)

By K9cats

Remedy For Tape Worms

If you're talking about a pet please call your vet! There definitely is no home or over the counter remedy for tapeworms that work! If you can't afford a vet bill just let them know and I am pretty certain they will still prescribe for you without actually seeing the vet, but you might need to take your pet in to be weighed for a safe dosage amount.

Please don't dilly dally because those tapeworms are depleting your pets nutrition! (11/11/2009)

By Deeli

Remedy For Tape Worms

The medication to treat tapeworms is praziquantel, and the dose for an average size adult cat is 23 mg. If you have only 1 cat, you can buy the Tradewind brand tapeworm pills at PETsMART (or on their website) for about $15. If you have multiple cats, do a search on the web for "fish tapes". It is exactly the same medication, but packaged for aquariums, comes as a powder, and is much cheaper. You do have to figure out the dosage, mix it with water and syringe it into the cat's mouth, but the cost saving is amazing. (11/11/2009)

By suescats

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I was just wondering if any one knows how to get rid of tape worms, without having to take my cats to the vet. Right now we are on a very tight budget, and do not have extra money to take them there, otherwise I would. Thank you in advance.

Amber

Answers:

Remedy For Tape Worms

I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years. Home Remedies "do not work" and might be dangerous to give to your cat. Please take your fur-baby to the vet to have an injection of tapeworm meds. Ivermec is "not" a tape worm medication.

Good luck. (11/01/2008)

By Sherri and Sophie

Remedy For Tape Worms

Your vet should be able to just give you the tapeworm pills without a visit and they are not very expensive. Explain to them that you can't afford to have a stool sample done and a vet visit, but that you are certain it is tapeworm. Our vet would give us some every 6 months or so for our cats and dogs as it is a common occurrence in pets. As if I am going to bring in stool samples for 5 animals and vet visits every 3-6 months.(11/01/2008)

By Izzyflip

Remedy For Tape Worms

Diatamaous Earth. I sprinkle it on applesauce for my kids to get rid of pin worms. I also give it to our cat. It is all natural. I get it at a bulk place that sells grain. Probably can get it on the internet. Cheap, and natural way. (11/01/2008)

By Valora

Remedy For Tape Worms

A friend who fosters cats and kittens for the Sheena Foundation gave me this tip. We have five much-loved cats. The best medication for worming and defleaing is called Revolution. The vet charges $30 per dose, and all you have to do is inject it under the skin between the shoulder blades. Our cats didn't even notice when we gave it to them. My friend says she buys the large dog package and a tiny syringe. There are instructions in the package for how to figure the dose, and they say that giving a larger dose is not harmful to the animal. I bought one of those packages and a syringe at our vet for $38.00. I treated all five cats and there is enough left over for at least two more rounds. The dog and cat Revolution are the identical medication. Our kitties feel much better. Hope this helps. (11/03/2008)

By Coreen

Remedy For Tape Worms

Revolution is not for treating tapeworms. It is for roundworm, hookworm, heartworm, ticks, and fleas.
Because your pet can get tapeworm from eating fleas, Revolution will help stop a reoccurence from the flea source, but tapeworm can also come from your cat eating meat such as mice. Revolution is by no means cheap either. The $30 quote is for one dose that lasts one month and Revolution must be given every month for it to be effective. Your best and economical solution is still to get the proper tapeworm meds from your vet and administer them yourself. (11/03/2008)

By Izzyflip

Remedy For Tape Worms

Tractor Supply has worm pills. They work great and are inexpensive. (01/31/2009)

By Jim J.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Dog With Tapeworms
Treating a Dog With Tapeworms
Pets HealthApril 24, 2011
Duct Tape
Making Duct Tape Clothes
Duct Tape
Removing Duct Tape From Carpet
Making a Duct Tape Bow
Making a Duct Tape Bow
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 9:12:07 AM on 10.0.2.182 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.