Removing Scratches on Windows

I have the cleanest windows in town, but I used a cloth (supposed to be microfiber on one side and some kind of "holey" stuff on other side) and it scratched my clean windows. I keep telling my husband that it is not good to be too clean. Whenever I clean something, usually at least a part of it breaks. Is there a remedy for scratched glass windows (short of replacing the windows)? Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

By applesauce from Alexandria, VA

Answers

Our eye doctor told me to use nail polish remover for eye glasses. Give it a try. Just might work for windows also!

November 26, 2011 Flag

How do I get tiny scratches off windows?

By Joann

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If they are tempered glass, you can't. But, some have found that small amounts of baby oil, skin so soft, or even petroleum jelly tend to fill them in. I hope this helps.

PS: If this is a focal point of the house, you might want to consider having someone, or you, make some small suncatchers and simply hide the defects.

PBP

Home and Garden Repair Home WindowsNovember 29, 2010
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
Installing a New Window
Hiring Someone to Replace Your Windows
🎉
🎄