Cleaning Stuffed Toys and Dolls

How do you clean a stuffed bear and a doll and its hair?

By Elle44 from Humansville, MO

If your bear or stuffed toys are soft and huggable you should be able to toss in the washer and dryer. I once owned a thrift store and all the soft stuffed toys were machine washed and dried and then given to the children of customers. They came out like new.

With dolls, I simply washed them by hand with soap and water and shampooed their hair. I used regular conditioner on it and curled it on small rollers. Let it dry (which can take a day or two) and carefully comb out.

Unfortunately, hard stuffed toys cannot be washed and can only be spot cleaned. Older dolls that have value should be professionally cleaned.

My youngest was in to Cabbage Patch KIds, The instructions I was given was to wrap them in a bath towel and tie in a pillow case. Wash in warm water and mild detergent on gentle cycle. Air dry. Never had a problem doing it this way.

Cleaning Stuffed Toys
Cleaning Stuffed Toys
Home and Garden Cleaning ToysDecember 7, 2009
Granville House Doll
Finding the Value of Granville House Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Cutting out paper dolls.
Making Paper Dolls
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 8:05:11 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.