Removing "Sew No More" Patches

In order to get out of sewing about 25 patches/badges on my daughters Jr Girl Scout Vest, I used something called "Sew No More" which was recommended to me by my aunt. I, of course, put them all in the wrong spots! I tore one of the patches off and there is now a shiney dried glue spot in the shape of the patch. Does anyone know if this stuff washes off the material? On the tube it says it is washable, but that is when the patches are on. I dont want to rip off all the patches and be left with a bunch of shiny spots all over it. Any advise before I end up having to buy her a new vest?

Kim from NJ

I would take a scrap of fabric that is similar in weight and texture (maybe denim) and do a "test" patch with another scrap of fabric. Let it dry like you did on the vest and then tear it off like you did on the vest. Try some different products on the test "glue patch". I'd try rubbing alcohol, or acetone nail polish remover or a product called "oops" (found in the painting supplies at WalMart). You may need to moisten it and then scrape with your fingernail to remove it. Hope something works for you!

I would like to know where you bought the 'Sew No More'.

I have some patches I need to put on a denim jacket.

...and good luck on finding a way to remove the shiny spots.

is this like the no sew hem its like white cloth tape you use to hem pants with an iron if so when i wanted to lower my hem i had to carefully peel it off

I added some sequins to a top. I used sew no more the sequins are falling off now and all I have is lots of dots of shiny dried glue. I need to get it off! Do you really think that the nail polish remover will work?

Iron-On Patch
Removing Iron-On Labels and Patches
Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingNovember 8, 2006
T-shirt with a bright orange and red floral design.  Design isolated next to shirt
Removing an Iron-On Transfer from a T-shirt
stitched flowers on jeans patch
Making Iron-On Patches
American Flag on White Taekwondo Uniform
Sewing Patches on Clothing
Treating a clothing stain on a shirt.
Removing Applique Residue from Fabric