Magnetic Sheets for Vents

Magnetic Sheets is a great way to cover a heating/air conditioning vents! We rent an older home, and most of the heating/AC vents are rusted wide open. Since our landlord isn't interested in fixing our oven, we know she's not gonna repair the small stuff, either. Most of the time, the vents are fine as-is, but the one under my sewing table either roasts or freezes my feet, depending on the season.

I've often found magnet sheets at Dollar Tree, and lucked out yesterday. Bought a package of two 6-inch by 9-inch magnetic sticker sheets, and trimmed one to fit the vent. Perfect! My feet are happy, the magnetic surface adheres to the vent without sticking up and catching on anything else, and if I want to, I can even use the adhesive side to decorate the thing. And it's easy to remove anytime. The magnet side is down, faces away from my sewing machine and is far enough away so it doesn't affect any computerized sewing functions.

The strip I cut off the sheet to fit the vent will be featured in the Craft idea I hope to write up tomorrow. I like to use it all when it comes to craft supplies!

By Dorrie from Norman, OK

That is a great idea. However, as a property manager, I have to say that your landlady is obligated by law to assure your oven works. If you google the landlord tenant act for your state, as well as read your contract, you will see that she/he is suppose to maintain appliances, electricity, heating, plumbing and structure. If they are not complying, in some instances, you can ask for compensation for rent, fix it yourself and deduct that amount from you rent, ask an appliance repair person to fix it, or buy a new/used stove and deduct that from the rent.

Make sure you are not in "non-compliance" of your contract and in the right, or you could be asked to leave. You are paying for working appliances, so don't put up with ones that don't. Good luck!

Home and Garden Home Improvement HeatingJanuary 20, 2009
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
Making a Magnetic Locker Pencil Holder
Making a Magnetic Locker Pencil Holder
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Magnetic Knife Holder
Making a Magnetic Knife Holder
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 21, 2016 at 9:19:38 PM on 10.0.1.194 in 973 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.