Using a Black Light to Find Urine Stains

I read that you can use a fluorescent black light to find old urine stains. Is it just a normal fluorescent light that you can buy anywhere?

By Steve

They are a special bulb (but they look like regular light bulbs except for their color) and you can usually find them in hardware stores and I've even seen them at my local Rite-Aid pharmacy from time to time. The glass looks like a deep, deep purplish black. They're the kind of bulbs that we hippie's used in the 60's and early 70's to fluoresce psychedelic posters and giggle at lint on peoples clothing that doesn't normally show and giggle at assorted other not normally noticeable items. ;-)

June 1, 20110 found this helpful is where I got mine. I paid $10 plus shipping and it's really a handly little thing. Comes with batteries too. They also sell a product called Anti-icky Poo that works well for odors. I, though, prefer a solution I heard from a friend. Fill a spray bottle with vodka and soak the area where your pet is urinating. Works like a charm.

Using a black light to find pet urine stains on carpet.
Finding Urine Stains on Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetMay 26, 2011
Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa Recipes
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout