Oriental Style Soup With Ramen Noodles

This recipe can be made in twenty minutes and can be varied nicely.

• frozen uncooked shrimp (about ten), shelled and cleaned
  • Ad
  • 2 pkgs. ramen noodles
  • hand full bok choy, cut into bite size pieces
  • Half a handful sliced mushrooms of your choice

Mix the broth according the package directions using the flavor packets provided in the noodle pack and bring to almost a boil. Drop in shrimp, bok choy, and mushrooms.

Let simmer for about three minutes until shrimp show first blushes of pink. Break noodles of each pack in half and drop into simmering broth. When shrimp are fully pink, soup is ready to be bowled and eaten.

Note: You can substitute shrimp for chicken or use beef roman noodles and substitute thinly sliced lean beef cut to bite sized pieces.

Servings: 2
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: I created this in my kitchen looking for something different one Sunday afternoon and it drew raves, so we make it often now for snacks or lunches on cold afternoons. I also discovered that when I buy the bok choy, if I cut it into bite sized bits and freeze it, it freezes well without losing flavor or consistency when cooked. We now take ziploc bags and pre-prepare them with chicken, shrimp, or beef and the vegetables, so we can just reach into the freezer grab a ziploc and make the soup whenever we are in the mood for a fast snack or a quick lunch. It looks nice enough for company.

By Willow from Phia, PA

April 18, 2011 Flag

I have lost a favorite recipe in a move. It was made from oriental ramen soup, green onions, water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots. I know there are more ingredients. Does someone have this recipe?

By Michelle from Kennewick, WA

Oriental Ramen Soup Recipe

I just saw a recipe at betty crocker.com under slow cooker chicken. It has the same ingredients, may be what you're looking for. (02/14/2011)

By fyrfly

Oriental Ramen Soup Recipe

Not sure if any of the recipes at these links are what you're looking for but it's worth checking out :-)

P.S. Hello neighbor ;-)

By Deeli, Richland, WA

Ramen Noodles Being Lifted by Chopsticks
Creative Ramen Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes SoupsApril 18, 2011
Oriental Salad in White Bowl
Oriental Salad Recipes
Ramen with Tuna cherry tomatoes and spinich
Ramen Tuna Salad Recipe
Vegetable Noodle Soup
Noodle Soup Recipes
Package of Ramen Noodles
Uses for Ramen Seasoning Packets