Creamy Layered Fruit Sensation
Make this delicious dessert for your next party...it is sure to be a hit!
- 1 package angel food cake, prepared as directed
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 2 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cup thawed Cool Whip or Cool Whip Lite topping, divided
- 2 package frozen mixed berries, thawed, well drained
- Baked angel food cake according to package directions. Let cool.
- Cut cake into cubes, place in large bowl.
- Combine orange juice and almond extract. Drizzle over cake cubes; toss lightly.
- Pour milk into another large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- Layer half the cake cubes in bottom of 2 qt. glass serving bowl or 2 qt. round baking dish.
- Reserve a few berries for garnish. Top with layers of half each of the remaining berries and pudding mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 to 6 hours before serving.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping and reserved berries just before serving.
Yields: 16 servings (1/2 cup each)
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide