Candle Wax on Microfiber

My husband spilled red candle wax on the arm of my new microfiber sofa. I have tried everything to get it out and so far nothing works it is a fairly large spot. What can I do?

Ann from White Bluff, TN

There is a little bit of gum residue on the new microfiber couch...how do i remove it?!??!

The other night we had no electricity and after the candle had been burning for awhile, I lifted it and the wax spilled on my new microfiber barco lounger.

It looked black and like it was burnt (my chairs are a tan.)

I used the iron on low with paper towels and it completely took off the wax. I then did the ice water with dish soap.

Amazing! It looks like nothing happened. I am so pleased.

Marcia

Great! Good for u , Ill give it a try . Thanks

Has anyone ever noticed that once a candle has burned completed out it is very difficult to get the residual candle out. I was taught a trick by a, believe it or not, candle salesperson and it works like a charm. Put the candle in the freezer. I normally forget about it until the next day. When you take it out, immediately thrust is down upon your hand and the candle will release. I am about to go downstairs and either put ice packs or frozen votice/tea light holders ontop of the wax on my brand new microfiber. I don't expect it to come right up, however someone told me to do this and when the wax hardens, gently take and ice-pick (a bit leery of that so I may just hit it a couple of times with a butter knife and gently try to get the remaining residue off with some type of gentle plastic. I will tell you all how it goes. Wish me luck. Karen

I spilled wax on microfiber couch then I used hot water to remove now there's a stain there what can I do to remove it