Controlling Ant Central

We live in an area that is ANT CENTRAL. The house had been invaded time after time and never just a few but armies of them. The problem was growing! I finally did have a pest company begin a regular schedule of spraying but it has taken about two years to actually get them under control. They had built a thriving metropolis under the cement pad the house was built upon. They could move throughout the house through the walls by coming up through the cracks in the cement pad. Along with the spraying, the pest company also put down granules and a syringe filled with a clear gel that ants love, then take it back to the nest thus killing vast numbers of ants.

As I said, it has taken 2 years to get control and I probably can't risk stopping pest service. At least the home invasions have stopped. If you're not fighting an army, you might try peppermint oil mixed with some water and Murphy's Oil soap to spray along your outside foundation.

By Mary from Victorville,CA

I had problems with the little army ants. I heard using baby powder around infested areas was a way to deter. It works for me.

Your lucky you caught it. I had a concrete pad crack and sink due to damage from ants. The little critters had built som many tunnels under it that it finally gave way.

I just mix Borax with powdered sugar and enough water to make it pretty runny to make an ant bait. I put in a butter tub lid and place the lid in their trail. By morning the dish is dried up and the ants are usually gone.

I also live in an ant infested area as well as have severe ptsd from traumatic experiences with ants when younger,I cannot even bear 2 look at 1 least of have 1 on me guess a big phobia,I not only got rid of them but keep them completly away by a very simple tecknique which the Aussis boy-scouts told me about & this is 2 soak a plain peice of bread in vinegar;place out in the line of the ant track & they feed from the bread,take it back to their nests & die off walla no more ants works for me here in Aus hope helpful for others,has worked with various variety of ants.

Balance Deer Woman

Home and Garden Pest Control AntsOctober 23, 2008
Ant Repellent
Ant Repellent Reviews
Central Air Conditioner
Central Air Conditioner Reviews
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
Madison, WI capital building
South Central Wisconsin Frugal Travel Guide